Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question

Hi,

Just installed the plugin, and read the manual.

I have a file with the .knxproj extention, which was exported from ETS5 program.
    1. Is this the file I need to rename to knx.xml?
    2. I have the HomeTroller Pi. I can't manage to enter its file system, in order to copy the file into the config directory. I would appreciate help with that

Thank you

You need the xml file export Group Address & Export – KNX Association

I use WINSCP to copy from Windows to Linux computers. It forms a SSH connection and give a user interface like Windows explorer so you can drag and drop files back and forth.

Comment

Another approach is to use a USB thumb drive to get the file from one computer to another. Then it is simple move command from Linux command line.

Comment

Thank you for you replies!
        I can't seem to access the Troller using WINSCP although I know the IP and I can log in the web interface, but I guess I have to learn it more thoroughly

Comment

It could be that SSH is not enabled on the Hometroller Pi. A google search on enabling it may help. The USB thumb drive is the technology that may be easier.

Comment

Hi again,
            I have the correct XML, renamed it to knx.xml, and placed it in the home/homeseer/.config folder.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, thres's a green check mark, so I guess it's connected. Tried "read now" and "rebuild now" but no devices are created, and no mcsKNX.ini is present in the config folder.
            Thanks

Comment

I do not recognize "read now" or "rebuild now". Section 3 of the manual describes the process after the plugin has been installed. Once the setup for Figure 3 is done then a connection with the KNX network is made and able to interact with HS devices based upon the content of the knx.xml file. If you enable Developer Mode from HS4 Setup menu then you will get a terminal window where some additional information about the KNX connection on the network is available.

Comment

I attach a screenshot of the group addresses setup page, where read now and rebuild are located.

on't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get HomeSeer to read from knx.xml.
                I've updated from HS3, but I have no HS4/config folder on my HomeTroller Zee S2. Just homeseer/.config. Maybe that's the problem?

Comment

On my Hometroller Pi the folder structure for the Config files for HS4 looks like the following. You will see several files of type .ini. I do not have KNX hardware so no knx.xml file in my case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	80
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1454972

Comment

Working...
                  X