Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W status datapoint 14.056

Hi michael,

I want to read out the power status from some KNX actuators with datapoint 14.056. If I create a device and select the right adres I get only a negative value or 0 . it does not matter if I use de default, Control Or status setting.

also If I change the value range it places in the field a negative value

I hope you can help me

best regards,
    Ralph

This is a 32 bit number being sent from the actuator. What are the typical 4 bytes being sent by the actuator. I think this should be available in the mcsKNX debug file.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      This is a 32 bit number being sent from the actuator. What are the typical 4 bytes being sent by the actuator. I think this should be available in the mcsKNX debug file.
      where can I find the debug file? if I look in the HS log I see no KNX errors. I send here a picture from the ETS diagnostics of the value .

Comment

I reversed the byte order for evaluation. This gave me a value of 446.2 for the ETS diagnostic data.

The reversal and changes are shown in the code segment below. Replace the file in the HS4 folder with the file in the attached zip. Restart the plugin. I suspect your setup is Status for mcsKNX since this is only a status report on this GA. There should also be diagnostic for debug in the HS log when DP 14.x is received showing the value without a byte swap and value with it.

Code:
        Friend Function DecodeFloatFourOctet(ByVal ValueSet() As Byte) As Single
        Dim arrByte() As Byte = {0, 0, 0, 0}
        System.Array.Copy(ValueSet, arrByte, 4)
        System.Array.Reverse(arrByte)
        WriteLog(DebugLog, "DecodeFloatFourOctet " & BitConverter.ToString(ValueSet) & " original " & BitConverter.ToSingle(ValueSet, 0).ToString & ", reversed " & BitConverter.ToSingle(arrByte, 0).ToString, 5)
        Return BitConverter.ToSingle(arrByte, 0) 'ValueSet, 0)
        End Function
        The other place debug data is stored by the plugin is in the file mcsKNX.log that will be in the HS4 folder or in the \Logs or \Debug Logs folder. The diagnostic for this byte reversal test should go into the HS log.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X