mcsMQTT for HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsMQTT for HS4

mcsMQTT has been placed in Updater for HS4. It is functionally nearly the same as the HS3 plugin of the same version number. The intent is that migration from the HS3 plugin is seamless with no special actions needed by user. While I have been testing various aspects of the plugin for months and have kept it current with the HS3 plugin there are likely users that have a setup I have not considered. It is good to have a backup so if something is not working for you then you can restore from backup.

The biggest difference for mcsMQTT between HS3 and HS4 is the Feature vs. Device concept in HS4. In HS3 mcsMQTT in the past few months I have tried to honor the HS4 expectations so the transition to HS4 would be a natural progression. For those that are using older mcsMQTT versions then this transition could result in some unexpected behaviors.

I have elected to not carry forward the BLE location identification wit ESP32 and RPi into HS4. I do not think anybody was using it.

The event trigger and event actions between HS3 and HS4 are the same, but the UI is different and the supporting code is largely new. Existing HS3 events should import without any additional user activity.

HS4 does not yet support scripting provided by a plugin. If you are using these features of mcsMQTT with the HS3 plugin then don’t expect them to work with the HS4 plugin at this time. Eventually HS4 will have this area supported.

There really is no urgency to move from the HS3 to HS4 plugin, but it would be nice if you tip toe’d into the HS4 plugin to identify issues so they can be addressed before everybody needs to move to the HS4 plugin. I will continue to make updates to both HS3 and HS4 but as HS4 matures the HS4 plugin may be the only one that new features.

hi Micheal,

i downloaded v 5.3.0.4 from your site. is that the one in the updater?

Comment

They should be the same, but there are two zips on the site. One starts with HSPI_ and is the HS4 version. To do it manually there is also an updater override file in the zip. It and the zip go into the HS4 folder. Plugin menu, add will then show mcsMQTT as the only plugin available to add. Alternately follow the updates.txt file to know where files are placed. I think only \html\mcsMQTT, \bin\mcsMQTT and mcsMQTT.exe are different than the HS3 version

Comment

I have installed tasmota on a Tessan dimmer and everything is working fine with mqtt. On my existing z-wave dimmers, I have a on button, off button, and a slider on the devices page for that device. Tasmota provides a dimming function, as well as a "on" function and "off" function for my converted dimmer. I don't see any way to set that up with mcsMQTT. I can choose "slider" or "buttons" but apparently not both. Is there a way do set up buttons and slider? This is not a big problem. I just like to tell Alexa to turn off (or on) the dimmer instead of telling it to set dimmer to 0 or set dimmer to 100.

Thanks,

Comment

This is something I have in my KNX plugin, but I have not done it with mcsMQTT. Adding a Dimmer Control/Status UI type should be the easiest path. What are the MQTT commands to Tasmota to set on/off and dimmer? This is normally done via JSON in the same payload.

Comment

Using node red to interact with the dimmer

Publish: cmnd/Dimmer3/dimmer
            Payload: 40
            Received: {"POWER":"ON","Dimmer":40}

Publish: cmnd/Dimmer3/POWER
            Payload: off
            Received: {"POWER":"OFF","Dimmer":40}

Publish: cmnd/Dimmer3/POWER
            Payload: on
            Received: {"POWER":"ON","Dimmer":40}

The dimmer value is retained. The lamp connected to the dimmer is turned on and off with the on/off commands. This is exactly what I want. I just need a way to send on/off commands to the dimmer with homeseer and be able to turn the dimmer on and off with Alexa.

Comment

I thought your original question was how to have both on-off and dim-level in the same HS device. It seems now you want separate devices as is already done with mcsMQTT.

I am confused as to what you want the plugin to do.

Now you have Alexa control of on/off device created by mcsMQTT by setting the voice command checkbox via HS Device Management. You also have buttons to control on-off or via events.

Now you have A slider to control dim level. I am not familiar wit the HS Alexa skill to know if it supports dim/brightness.

Quite often the firmware in dimmers that support MQTT also support HUE emulation so you do not need HS but can go directly between Alexa and the dimmer. HS gets status updates as the dimmer changes via Alexa. This is how I control my WiFi lights via Alexa.

Comment

I read my last post and it is confusing. Please ignore.
                Back to basics
                On the dimmer is need both a slider and buttons (On/Off). That's it.
                Thanks,

Comment

I think you have that available already given that the received topic payload is {"POWER":"ON","Dimmer":40}
                  There will be a POWER and a Dimmer on the Association tab. Associate each with Button Control/Status UI on Edit tab for POWER and Slider for Dimmer.

Comment

Have you app started with HS3 you I use webrelay which 8 outputs and 8 inputs work god on HS3 now I change to Hs4 and have problem that the indication dount show if a relay is on/off or a input is on/off.

Any suggestions?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are you running the HS3 mcsMQTT plugin on HS4 or are you running the HS4 plugin on HS4?

First place to look is HS log and mcsMQTT debug log.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        I think you have that available already given that the received topic payload is {"POWER":"ON","Dimmer":40}
                        There will be a POWER and a Dimmer on the Association tab. Associate each with Button Control/Status UI on Edit tab for POWER and Slider for Dimmer.
                        That worked well. It created a new device, but I can live with that.
                        Thanks for all the help and the very quick replies to my questions.

Comment

So your preferred solution is what I originally thought. A single HS device. Value = 0 for Off, Value = 100 for On, Values 1-99 to change the Dim level.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            Are you running the HS3 mcsMQTT plugin on HS4 or are you running the HS4 plugin on HS4?

First place to look is HS log and mcsMQTT debug log.
                            Have this in my log.

Have HS 4 plugin 5.3.0.4

eSeer

Device Control
                            Device: ventilation House Normal to On (1)

7-05-2020 13:41:17

HomeSeer
                            Device Control
                            Device: ventilation House High to Off (0)

HomeSeer
                            Event
                            Event Trigger "Ventilation Ventilation av efter hög fuktighet"

HomeSeer
                            Info
                            System connected to MyHS Service successfully with license ID 666769.

HomeSeer
                            Info
                            System connected to MyHS Service, waiting for acknowledge...

HomeSeer
                            Startup
                            Start up complete.

HomeSeer
                            Info
                            Found 17 issue(s) with devices

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2548) MQTT AverageReceiveInterval does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2548) MQTT AverageReceiveInterval

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2547) MQTT AverageReceiveTime does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2547) MQTT AverageReceiveTime

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2546) MQTT Max Receive Queue Depth does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2546) MQTT Max Receive Queue Depth

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2545) MQTT Receive Queue Depth does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2545) MQTT Receive Queue Depth

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2544) MQTT Last Received Timestamp does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2544) MQTT Last Received Timestamp

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2543) MQTT Last Received not-Accepted Payload does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2543) MQTT Last Received not-Accepted Payload

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2542) MQTT Last Received not-Accepted Topic does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2542) MQTT Last Received not-Accepted Topic

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2541) MQTT Last Received Accepted Payload does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2541) MQTT Last Received Accepted Payload

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2540) MQTT Last Received Accepted Topic does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2540) MQTT Last Received Accepted Topic

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2539) MQTT Last Published Payload does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2539) MQTT Last Published Payload

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2538) MQTT Last Published Topic does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2538) MQTT Last Published Topic

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2537) MQTT Receive not-Accepted Count Today does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2537) MQTT Receive not-Accepted Count Today

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2536) MQTT Receive not-Accepted Count does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2536) MQTT Receive not-Accepted Count

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2535) MQTT Receive Accepted Count Today does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2535) MQTT Receive Accepted Count Today

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2534) MQTT Receive Accepted Count does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2534) MQTT Receive Accepted Count

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2533) MQTT Publish Count Today does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2533) MQTT Publish Count Today

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2532) MQTT Publish Count does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking child device (2532) MQTT Publish Count

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2548) MQTT AverageReceiveInterval is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Issue checking parent device (2531) MQTT MQTT Statistics

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2547) MQTT AverageReceiveTime is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2546) MQTT Max Receive Queue Depth is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2545) MQTT Receive Queue Depth is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2544) MQTT Last Received Timestamp is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2543) MQTT Last Received not-Accepted Payload is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2542) MQTT Last Received not-Accepted Topic is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2541) MQTT Last Received Accepted Payload is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2540) MQTT Last Received Accepted Topic is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2539) MQTT Last Published Payload is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2538) MQTT Last Published Topic is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2537) MQTT Receive not-Accepted Count Today is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2536) MQTT Receive not-Accepted Count is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2535) MQTT Receive Accepted Count Today is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2534) MQTT Receive Accepted Count is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2533) MQTT Publish Count Today is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

HomeSeer
                            Warning
                            Device (2532) MQTT Publish Count is marked as child, but does not reference any parent

HomeSeer
                            Warning

7-05-2020 13:41:16

HomeSeer
                            Info
                            Checking device parent child relationships...

HomeSeer
                            Info
                            ASCII listener started on port 11000

HomeSeer
                            TTS
                            Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer

Comment

HST approved the HS4 plugin, but I do not see it published to the updater yet. How did you install it?

The warning are expected since the Statistics devices were created in an earlier plugin version before HS4 considerations were implemented.

The debug from mcsMQTT will contain info about what happens when a relay is attempted to be controlled. General Tab, Enable Debug, Control a Relay, Debug output in \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT Debug.txt. Post file as a zip.

Comment

Working...
                              X