Unable to Open Port COM10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Open Port COM10

but it is open and I can send data to it and see the data show up in the device string. Maybe I'm only seeing this because the plugin is starting in a foreground window and I should just ignore it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 2.10.43 PM.png
Views:	50
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1417671
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

That is a mistake on my side that may affect the port status on restarts. It is fixed in 5.5.1.6. http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_5_1_6.zip. The only file you need is MCSMQTTHS4.dll and it goes in the /bin/mcsMQTT folder.

Developer Mode setting is on the HS4 Setup, General tab, near the top.

Comment

Thanks Michael. It's funny that I stumbled on that while I had Developer Mode turned on collecting some data for another developer.

I guess it explains why the plugin wasn't always opening the serial port when restarting HS4.

Thanks again,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Hi Michael,

I'm still seeing that the plugin isn't always opening the serial port after an HS4 restart. Also the controls for the serial device on the devices.html page don't seem to work while the controls on the deviceutility page work as expected.

Let me know what info I can collect for you.

Ken

Comment

There should be nothing needed for debug as I should be able to replicate issues. I had been running on HS3/Linux, but testing is on HS4/Windows. I know I was uses HS4 devices.html to open the port that was closed on startup. I take a look this evening to see what I can discern.

Comment

I looked into this and continue to have no issue with the Devices page Open and Close buttons working. What I did determine is that when I run with debugger the port remains open on plugin or HS restart, but when I run without debugger the device gets set to closed on shutdown and then on startup when it looks for the device status it sees closed so does not open it. I will continue tomorrow to get to the bottom of it.

Comment

I found my testing mistake where I had mcsMQTTHS4_2020.dll in the HS folder rather than \bin\mcsMQTT folder. I uploaded the fix to maintain the port open/close through restarts. http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_5_1_7.zip Extract mcsMQTTHS4_2020.dll into \bin\mcsMQTT when plugin is not running. In my scouring I also find error in \html\mcsMQTT\TCP.html that apparently did not affect the serial, but I updated it too in the zip.

Comment

Working...
              X