Tidying up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tidying up

I now have my alarm and MQTT talking nicely with HS and am grateful for the support that got me there.

Along the way I tinkered with things trying to get it working and have ended up with 2 parents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parents.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	450.6 KB
ID:	1429699
    Comfort2 appears twice!
    The first reference, 412, appears in the MQTT plugin Association table but the second, 385, no longer does. It did when I first set things up but I lost it along the way.
    I would like to tidy up so all the children belong to the same parent, but as things are now settled I decided not to experiment and ask on here!
    I'm assuming I can do this in the Grouping parent reference - but want to be sure before I try.
    Any comments are welcome.
    Cheers

Yes, from the Edit tab of the topic that has the incorrect grouping reference, enter the desired parent. If the old parent no longer has any children then mcsMQTT will delete it from HS.

Comment

Thank you for responding. I had a 'play' but things didn't work out as I expected.
      I changed the Grouping Parent Ref and HS saw a new device under the 'correct' parent. I did this for each child. However, it did not delete either the old child or the old parent after I changed them all. I ended up with a duplicate list.
      I went back into the edit window for the children in the plugin and the old parent is still in the Grouping Parent Ref.
      Am I missing something?

HS V4.1.9.0 Plugin 5.6.3.0

Cheers

Comment

I missed that this was a HS4 plugin. There is an open Github issue AssociatedDevices list update is not committed #112 from August 2020 that makes the Grouping operation result in bogus parent/child (device/feature) relationships. The operation works as expected using the HS3 mcsMQTT plugin. You should be able to go back and forth between the two plugins. Of course take the appropriate backup provisions.

Comment

Ah - more 'playing' :-) (I did use a backup to play :-))

Comment

That sorted it out - thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X