Missing Check boxes and Updating mcsMQTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Check boxes and Updating mcsMQTT

When upgrading to HomeSeer 4 I decided to go with a completely fresh installation and recreated my setup. Now that I need to use my homemade remote (4 buttons which send MQTT topics/paylaods) I am trying to recreate the HomeSeer devices associated with the remote and am having difficulties. The topics are remote01/b01, remote01/b02, remote01/b03, and remote01/b04. Each are sending a payload of On and Off. I managed to get manually created virtual devices to send On and Off payloads, but they are not changing status when sent from outside HomeSeer and the Statistic MQTT Received & not Associated by mcsMQTT increments, and the Last Received Topic and Payload see valid. The Last Published shows the correct Topic but the Payload is 1 or 0, yet other devices subscribed to remote01/# receive On and Off payloads. I am running mcsMQTT v 5.5.2.0. I noticed checkboxes missing at the top of the Associations screen. (See image below) These are the first MQTT topics I have created under HS4 which are not Tasmota or WLED related.

I did some searching and downloaded the zip for v 5.7.9.0 but wasn't able to figure out how to use it to upgrade the plugin. I replaced the files I could find under the HS4 install, but couldn't find many, such as mcs.css, the html files, and more. I did over-write the dll and other files I found with the zip file contents. After rebooting HomeSeer mcsMQTT is still showing as v 5.5.2.0. I placed the zip file in the Updates4 folder as well and had no luck with that.

So my questions is: How do I update the plugin without being prompted in HomeSeer? Once I get it updated, if I still see the Associations as shown below, what might I need to change to repair this? After I am updated I will deal with recreating the Remote's devices in HomeSeer by deleting the current virtual device and features and try to have mcsMQTT create what is needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-01 234454.png
Views:	207
Size:	563.0 KB
ID:	1437598

Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

To install from the zip:

Copy the zip file to hs4 root folder.

Open the zip file and copy paste updater_overide.json in hs4 root folder

Then go to add plugin page . If you do not see the mcsmqtt update at the top , refresh the page with the ''sync packages arrow'' ( just after the search field on the right).

The last version seems to be http://mcssprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsMQTT_5_9_7_0.zip

Comment

Thank you, I am now up and running with this and have my devices created and working.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
      X