X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topics lose their associated ref number tag

Hi Michael,

using 5.9.7.0 here, please see #6087 and #6092

please see picture attached. This is the second time this happen with those devices. Thoses 6 are the only device that I only update the status/string. Last time was last week. The device does update, so i am not sure what is the issue here .

Fortunately, I only use these devices as debug for alexa room awareness to know what she heard. I prefer tu use the event triggers depending on payload.

Thanks
    Attached Files

What is the Control/Status UI of 6092 and 6087? You should be able to look by entering 6092, 6087 or one of the topics at the top of the Edit tab.

What do you mean by updating status/string? Is this the setting to update DeviceString vs. DeviceValue?

Does the behavior of the missing "A" checkbox persist a plugin restart?

Did you receive messages on the 6087 topic but not on the 6088 topic? Trying to understand why two of the six have the issue.

Comment

Sorry I was not clear. thanks for your reply. I answered the questions here.

What is the Control/Status UI of 6092 and 6087? You should be able to look by entering 6092, 6087 or one of the topics at the top of the Edit tab.

What do you mean by updating status/string? Is this the setting to update DeviceString vs. DeviceValue?

I meant that These are the only devices in my mcsmqtt setup that only update the string . Other devices with value update do not show this behavior . Yes this is the setting to updates DeviceString.

yes

Did you receive messages on the 6087 topic but not on the 6088 topic? Trying to understand why two of the six have the issue.

The devices in hs4 devices view do update their string, no issues there. They are as functional as before. See next picture for today
      Attached Files

Comment

How about the last two. For the second of these I mean that a message was received after the device association was created.

Comment

This is the graphics tab for this device. If you look at all the pictures is that the good way to create devices if I only want them to updates their strings, and I also want them to show each string update even if the string does not change? I remember seeing when the box 'store payload' ''in hs device string'' is checked , it bypasses all other settings. Just want to be sure here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            How about the last two. For the second of these I mean that a message was received after the device association was created.
            I think I Was editing my post when you replied. Yes 6087 is updating the string as it should, exactly like 6088

Comment

Working...
            X