Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making multiple child devices under one parent device for plug-in devices

Hi!
    I have a tablet(shows my smarthome dashbard) that can be controlled over MQTT, and the commands and statuses appears in mcqMQTT in HS4 under "inbound selection". If I select a command then a HS4 device is created (both parent and child). But if I´d like to add one more child device to the same parent device this seems impossible. Instead a new parent is created. It is also not possible to edit the "grouping parent ref", any change seem to take no effect.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 19.54.52.png
Views:	158
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1447355
    The first device in the list 1170 created a parent device. Both showed in this list. But when checked the association for device 1172 and statedd that device 1169 was to the parent, device 1169 disappeared from the list. Instead device 1171 appeared as parent for 1172.

Is there a bug around, or me doing something the wrong way?

On other words, it seems difficult/impossible to make a parent device with a selection of child devices...

Comment

You can do it with the HS3 plugin, but there is a bug in HS4 that sometimes does not allow grouping. Jon00 has a utility for grouping and it can be used. The approach with mcsMQTT is to make the association as you have done then click on the Ref button for the device to view the Edit tab. There is a grouping text box where you can change the parent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not with HS4.

Comment

Thanks for the update! Good to have such information up front...I could easily have spent many hours on this. I hope the job to fix this is on someones to-do-list?
        I must say that I´m really in love with MQTT and it has made my automation every-day situation far better that the days I was fiddeling with APIs and GET/PUT/POST.

Comment

I hope the job to fix this is on someones to-do-list?
          Tracked in GitHub https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/issues/112

Comment

Working...
          X