Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Version ?

Here's one for mcsMQTT

Is there a way to tell which version of mcsMQTT I'm running? I suspect HS4, but when I look at the devices:
    A. There is no mcsMQTT tab (is that supported in HS4 ?)
    B. The setup page, shows Room/Floor not Root/Feature..

I just setup a new mcsMQTT point to test, and I entered Room/Floor on the setup page and I see it in both the Root/Feature on the devices.html and Room/Floor on deviceutility. Not an issue necessarily since I get having to support the two different naming conventions, I just wanted to ensure I'm on the correct version since both the HS3 and HS4 both have the same version # and both are checked in the Updater..

Thanks,
    Z

Is there a way to tell which version of mcsMQTT I'm running?

Do the drop down for plugins installed and it'll show current version of mcsMQTT running and if you need an upgrade.

There is no mcsMQTT tab (is that supported in HS4 ?)

Its there by the plugins drop down / mcsMQTT / MQTT (and TCP and Doc)

I utilize Jon00's links and legacy device drop down Legacy / Device Management (which is the Homeseer 3 version).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The version of mcsMQTT that is running is in the title of the first group on the General tab

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1452938

When the plugin menu item is selected the HS4 plugin does not have a BLE page

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1452939

Comment

OK, no BLE.. I have HS4 running then.

What about the MQTT tab and the Floor/Room issue?
        The tab is just handy when you're working with a device, I can live without it if the HS4 vers doesn't support it.

The Room/Floor, Root/Feature issue seems to be an after effect of HS4 supporting HS3. The issue, is when I'm building an event, some devices are listed in the dropdown in the old HS3 format, and some the new HS4 format.. It "looks" like being able to enter the HS3 data (Room/Floor) in the HS4 vers of mcsMQTT, makes it act like an HS3 device... Not world ending, but confusing..

Thanks,
        Z

Comment

I think what you are seeing is the width of the room and floor selectors are larger than the space available to show them so the HS4 bootstrap javascript makes the decision that they cannot be rendered. It is much like when you have a narrow browser width and menu bar items are removed.

Comment

Quite possibly, as the root is ShelterOneWire ShelterOneWire ShelterOneWire.. (the sub topic is ShelterOneWire/heartbeat)
            The original devices were created under HS3 mcsMQTT and I'm thinking the HS3->HS4 conversion wasn't all that complete.

It also seems like there's a lot more caching going on, as you have to force refresh some pages to get the most current information..

So no MQTT tabs in HS4

Thanks,
            Z

Comment

If you are referring to tabs under HS Devices or HS3 DeviceUtility then you are correct that there are none for the HS4 plugin. There are also none for the HS3 plugin. What would normally go in that tab is the Edit tab or Edit page popup. The mcsMQTT plugin itself has a limited number of pages, but several tabs on each page.

I know HS4 Devices needs to be manually refreshed at times. The mcsMQTT pages are dynamically refreshed with new payloads showing up in the Association tab table. As user selections are made the correlated display fields are also updated. In HS4 versions prior to 5.14.2.0 the selectors were not dynamically updated, but the version that is in the Updater now does this. The mcsMQTT pages also disconnect 20 minutes without any user input. This is to reduce CPU load when it appears nobody is looking at the page.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X