Esp8266, Tasmota, Relays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esp8266, Tasmota, Relays?

Switching out a bunch of Arduino boards over to Tasmota and mcsMQTT. Two boards (Arduino) control relays and I'd like to switch them out. Doing a test board, I get the Tasmota board set up with relays to appear in HS4. I can toggle the relays using the Tasmota GUI but in HS4 I stumped as to how do I toggle the relay on and off. I have the "ON" "OFF" buttons but obviously they are not functional. Somehow I'd have to send a payload back to the the board via HS4, but how is the question.

How did you setup to get the buttons in HS4? Were they created by mcsMQTT Association checkbox for the topic?

The process using mcsMQTT is to observe the relay topic on the Association tab, use the Associate checkbox to create a HS Device and Feature. Click on the Ref button that was just created and confirm Button is the control/status UI setting and then enter the Tasmota topic in the Pub Topic textbox. Stock tasmota will use cmnd prefix for pub topic rather than the the stat or tele prefix used in the sub topic.

Typically Tasmota transmits tele periodically and stat when the relay changes. The tele will be a JSON payload and stat will be just on or off. This will create two rows in the mcsMQTT Association table. To update on receipt of either topic then type the ref number that was created during the association into the Ref textbox on the second row.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of my set-up. Only problem is I'm lost on this part, can't find where to add the ref#. "To update on receipt of either topic then type the ref number that was created during the association into the Ref textbox on the second row."
      Attached Files

Comment

You have a publish topic entered that is not something that Tasmota will recognize. Use cmnd/relay3/power2 for the topic.

The Association tab is where you map multiple topics into the same HS device.

Comment

Yep, "cmd" from my old dos days, some things are hard to forget.

The issue is, where is this so called "Association Tab" you speak off? I think I'm going senile since I turn 73 on the 16th!

Comment

The Association tab is the left-most tab on the MQTT Page. It is where associations are made to HS devices based upon received MQTT topics.

Note also that pub topic does not the colon and subsequent JSON key (i.e. :POWER2). RESULT is replaced by POWER2 in this format.

Comment

Sometimes the answer is so obvious that we're too blind to see it. Thanks for all the assistance. I'd love to have a beer with you!

Comment

That desire would have been easier 30 years ago. I lived a little west of you in Oakland.

Comment

Working...
                X