Very attractive IP Relay/Input/RS-485/Can/Wifi interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very attractive IP Relay/Input/RS-485/Can/Wifi interface

There is a very attractive product from China that provides relay control and digital input reporting via wired ethernet or WiFi as well as product variants of RS-485 and CAN when WiFi is not needed. The pricing is interesting with the 8-channel being the lowest cost at $14.25 and 4 and 8 channel at slightly higher price when a smaller form factor is desired. I obtained the 2-channel version for evaluation. The case is also nice with strong plastic and DIN rail capability. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...55389040%22%7D

The firmware is very capable and comes with much documentation at http://www.dingtian-tech.com/sdk/relay_sdk.zip Sample programs are given, interface with HA platform Domoticz, and multiple interface protocols supported including MQTT. It integrates with mcsMQTT very easily with not special provisions required by the user. I did notice that the Input levels are reported as LOW and HIGH. I will add this pairing to mcsMQTT so it will know both states if only one has been received at the time of Association to a HS Device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dingtialAli.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1498338

I was not able to get a response from my device so I contacted supplier via email. Response came that evening showing how to do factory reset and offer for WhatApp or TeamViewer as more immediate ways that they could provide support.

The setup is via browser at default IP 192.168.1.1 admin/admin login credentials. The IP can then be changed to match your network. The MQTT setup is done on the Relay Connect tab of the browser menu where the MQTT Broker Address is entered and login credential to Broker if needed. See Figure below. There is also a Keep Alive setting on the page that comes default at 30 seconds. The Keep Alive results in period status reporting at the specified interval. In my case I desired only event reporting so set it to 0.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1498339

Clicking on the two Relay Test buttons will result in MQTT messages that will be visible on the mcsMQTT Association tab. Using a jumper wire between Gnd and each of the two digital inputs also results in MQTT messages. “A”ssociating the appropriate topics produces HS devices. Note the syntax of the Pub Topic to be able to control the relay in the Association Tab figure below. The base Topic is suffixed with /in/r# where # is the relay number.

Name:	dingtianHS.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1498340

Name:	dingtian.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1498341

Working...
X