Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

I have a new Shelly Gas sensor with which I am struggling to talk with either mcsShelly or mcsmqtt. The sensor has been successfully connected to my wifi network so I can see it on a browser at 192.168.1.30. However, when using either of the mcs programs, no new devices are created. With the mcsShelly, I also find that the statistics tab does not function. Looking at the log, I see that "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" message is generated. I have disabled my firewall, so I know this is not blocking port 1883. Is this message indicating a cause or a result of another problem? Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelly Gas MQTT settings.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1501415Click image for larger version

Name:	MQTT Genral Tab1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1501416

Thanks for your help!

It is likely due to running HS as a user rather than "run as administrator".

If you have a Statistics tab then you have a quite old version of the plugin. Update has a reasonably current one. The statistics are now shown on the Association tab under the pseudo-Topic starting with MQTT/. This allows one to map individual statistics into HS devices and to record their history in a database.

Comment

Thanks Michael! The mcsmqtt version is 5.20.1.3, the mcsShelly version is 5.17.3.2. The HS4 plug-in management page does not offer newer versions. Is there somewhere I can download them?

Comment

The HS4 mcsMQTT delta update is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsmqtths4_52102.zip. .html files go in \html\mcsMQTT folder. others go in \bin\mcsMQTT folder. This update will not affect the Shelly operation. Change log is at the top of the HS4 mcsMQTT thread.

Comment

The updated program is now allowing me to see items in the Associations tab! Thank you. Still no devices created, however. I have run out of time, but let me try to find a solution on my own. I'll contact you should I run up against a problem. Thank, as always, for your quick help!

Comment

If you are starting fresh then suggest going to General tab, obsolete row and entering shellies/# to remove existing received topics. This will allow the Shelly device to appear as being new and HS devices created.

Comment

Working...
            X