Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual HS mcsMQTT log entry

I have a unusual HS log entry that I think I have seen before:

ManageNewMessage sensor/wine_cellar/TH={"dateTime":1644189844.0,"extraTemp3":59.5,"soilMoist1":5 7.1}, Save=False at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionR esource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enum erator.MoveNext() at MCSMQTT_2020.MqttAppModule.ActOnMessageForTrigger(String sTopic, String sPayload) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\TFVC\HS\MQTT\MCSMQTT_2020\MqttAppM odule.vb:line 8199 at MCSMQTT_2020.MqttAppModule.ManageNewMessage(String sTopic, String sValue, Boolean bAccept, Boolean bSave) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\TFVC\HS\MQTT\MCSMQTT_2020\MqttAppM odule.vb:line 9053 Line 0 Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute

I have been subscribed to that MQTT topic for more than a year without any problems.

There is concurrency management implemented to protect dictionaries when being iterated and a new item added to the dictionary. This was done with 5.20.0.1 back in September. There is a small window of time when a dictionary is still being exposed to this failure. I would not be concerned with it. The message has nothing to do with the topic being reported, but some other topic was newly discovered and being added. It is always a tradeoff of how much protection to provide vs. how much CPU to use to provide it.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Working...
      X