Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Select HS Device to store in Influxdb (or SQLite, for that matter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Select HS Device to store in Influxdb (or SQLite, for that matter)

I have some "old" HS devices that were created in HS3 and migrated to HS4. They don't have the parent/feature structure, just a device. These are 1-Wire sensors from a Temp05 being updated every 5 mins by a script. For some reason, I don't have a checkbox in the H, D, nor I column for these devices. Well. not exactly. I do have a checkout in the H column for one of the devices. What is also strange is the fact that I have no payload shown and the lastdate is almost 2 years ago. Again, these get updated every 5 mins, 24/7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 8.37.00 AM.png
Views:	197
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1531474

Any thoughts?
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

I'm guessing that sometime in the past that device 85 was assigned a MQTT topic so that is why the H checkbox appears.

The d & i checkboxes only appear for child devices / features. If you do want to stay with HS4 then I suggest you group these under a parent device (e.g. 1-Wire or Temp05). You can create a virtual device as the parent then use the grouping feature or mcsMQTT or JON00 utility to regroup under this common parent. If you click on the Ref button it will bring up the Edit popup from which you can enter the grouping device reference.

I do not think I have tried to convert a HS3 device to a HS4 feature this way, but it is worth a try. If you do not have success then let me know and we should be able to find a way to do it.

Comment

Thanks Micheal. I was able to get things working again with Jon's Grouping utility.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4

I think you are right about the Attic temp. I think I had that associated to an MQTT publish message at one point.

One thing still a little strange. The 'lastdate' is still not changing, even though data is flowing into Influxdb now.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Lastdate is for data received through mcsMQTT which is typically a MQTT message. Since there are no sub/receive topics showing the payload and lastdate will not change.

Comment

Got it. So, not relevant for HS only devices without plugin associations.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X