No announcement yet.

Write to database options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I creates them. You just need to have mySQL server available.

Comment

Ok, cool. I'll be happy to do some testing as soon as you have a version ready

Comment

What I posted in this thread is for your testing with HS4. There is also the myself dll that you will likely need that was also mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Oh, thanks I missed that before. I have the update installed and configured. However I am not getting any data written to the database. I am using an external mysql server. It did create the database and the tables correctly, so that should mean that the credentials should be correct. This error is in the HS log.

MySQLExecuteCommand INSERT INTO mcsMQTT (lastdate,device,value) Values ('2022-04-10 12:58:40','Main_Office_rssi:rssi',-73) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBeh avior behavior) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at MCSMQTTHS4_2020.Database.MySQLExecuteCommand(String sCommand) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\LaptopVM\MCSMQTT2020HS4\Database.v b:line 1042 Line 0 Table 'MQTT.mcsMQTT' doesn't exist

Comment

The table name should be forced in the plugin to be lower case for myself. I need to look to see how it had upper case.

Comment

Don't know what happened as I was testing with this build, but it is fixed with 5.23.19.1 at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ge-log-hs4-hs3

I also completed the port and testing for HS3 plugin at the same location.

Comment

That did it, the data is populating in the database now!!!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	104
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	1536188

Comment

I discovered a mistake when doing the MS SQL Server testing in creation of the LastDate fieled in mySQL where it was created as a TEXT rather than a DATETIME. Best if you removed your table and recreated it with 5.23.20.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    I discovered a mistake when doing the MS SQL Server testing in creation of the LastDate fieled in mySQL where it was created as a TEXT rather than a DATETIME. Best if you removed your table and recreated it with 5.23.20.1.
                    Ah, I did not notice that in the database and was running into some issues getting that field mapped correctly in Grafana. That might explain why.

Comment

I installed the update tonight after having some time and dropped the existing database to wipe it out and start fresh. Now I get this when I start mcsmqtt

ExecuteCommandMySQL CREATE TABLE mcsmqtt ( lastdate DATETIME NULL, device VARCHAR NULL , value FLOAT NULL ) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBeh avior behavior) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at MCSMQTTHS4_2020.Database.ExecuteCommandMySQL(String sCommand) in C:\Users\Public\Documents\LaptopVM\MCSMQTT2020HS4\Database.v b:line 986 Line 0 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'NULL , value FLOAT NULL )' at line 1

Comment

Originally I had limited the character field to 255 bytes and after reviewing the mySQL reference it seems the size was optional. I will look at this again.

Comment

I changed it in 5.23.21.3 to use TEXT rather than VARCHAR. I was able to create a new table without errors.

Comment

Thanks, it is populating the database again now

Comment

The goal with being able to write this to mysql was graphing in Grafana. Once the data was being sent there, it took a bit of learning to get grafana going, mostly it was the fact that mysql and grafana handle timestamps differently-something to do with Unix time vs UTC. But once I had that figured out was able to adjust the mysql statements and start getting some data plotted out. Click image for larger version

Name:	grafana.png
Views:	95
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1537116

Comment

InfluxDB uses UTC time and the plugin converts between local and UTC in each direction. For the other databases I am storing local time and no time zone conversions performed. Daylight savings time will create some ambiguity in the data when not using UTC.

Comment

Working...
                                X