No longer getting "Action" sub-topic updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Could you post a screenshot of one of your Tautulli 'Notification Agent' MQTTs for this? These mcsMQTT changes broke the mcsMQTT mid-2020 Tautulli MQTT workarounds. Much appreciated!
    Sure. See attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

begunfx apologies, I should have specified the TEXT section (what mcsMQTT is actually parsing: Subject, Body, etc). For instance, mine that used to work is...

Attached Files

Comment

I based the reformatting that looks like post Web Server and Interface except it did not have the {user}", prefix. I suspect the parsing will work if a proper prefix is used. The {user}" probably should be "{user}" with the matching quote and it needs to have a JSON key defined so it follows the format "key":"value" for proper JSON syntax.

Comment

begunfx apologies, I should have specified the TEXT section (what mcsMQTT is actually parsing: Subject, Body, etc). For instance, mine that used to work is...
          I'm using whatever the default message is in Tautulli.

It's this:

Code:
          "MediaType":"{media_type}","Action":"{action}","MediaTitle":"{title}","User":"{user}","IPAddressofClient":"{ip_address}
          If you create a new MQTT Agent, you can get this default message from there.

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

I'm using whatever the default message is in Tautulli.

It's this:

Code:
            "MediaType":"{media_type}","Action":"{action}","MediaTitle":"{title}","User":"{user}","IPAddressofClient":"{ip_address}
            If you create a new MQTT Agent, you can get this default message from there.
            What you have above is not the default text (not put in by Tautulli) you must have put that in a while back as that is the format that Michael and I cam up with 2 years ago.

I've attached the screenshot of the defaults from Tautulli.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              I based the reformatting that looks like post Web Server and Interface except it did not have the {user}", prefix. I suspect the parsing will work if a proper prefix is used. The {user}" probably should be "{user}" with the matching quote and it needs to have a JSON key defined so it follows the format "key":"value" for proper JSON syntax.
              Easy fix -- it started working after I updated my Message Text to be... "User":"{user}","MediaType":"{media_type}","Action":"{ac tion }","MediaTitle":"{title}","IPAddress":"{ip_address}

back in Sept 2020 you and I came up with the prior parsing format https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...trigger-events ...
              my last post here explained the final outcome https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...91#post1488191

it worked fine until your PI update a month ago or so. If I remember Tautulli combines the Subject Line and Message Body before sending, it wraps each section in quotes... thus, we had to leave the quotes off.

Comment

Yes, I remember trying to magic recipe back then to workaround the Plex format being delivered. Glad it is now working for you.

Comment

Michael, thank you for supporting the community so much. Without the few stand-out developers like yourself, HS would be unusable!

Comment

What you have above is not the default text (not put in by Tautulli) you must have put that in a while back as that is the format that Michael and I cam up with 2 years ago.

I've attached the screenshot of the defaults from Tautulli.
                    Yep. You are correct. My mistake. I must have copied my testing agent from another one and did not create a brand new one - thus assuming that was the default message. Sorry about that.

Comment

Michael, thank you for supporting the community so much. Without the few stand-out developers like yourself, HS would be unusable!
                      I second that!!

Comment

Hey Michael McSharry and Ltek it looks like Tautulli finally updated their MQTT to support proper JSON. Just thought you'd like to know. :-) Might be worth testing to see if we can finally not do weird formatting or special case/workarounds to make it work..
                        Attached Files

Comment

The attached in the HS4 dll that remove the special case Plex/ JSON reformatting. It may be the case the new Plex release format continues to have issue. Seeing the actual message will determine if some type of reformatting is still needed. This message will be in the mcsMQTT Debug.txt file or available with other tools such as MQTT Explorer. This test version was only done for HS4 plugin.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            The attached in the HS4 dll that remove the special case Plex/ JSON reformatting. It may be the case the new Plex release format continues to have issue. Seeing the actual message will determine if some type of reformatting is still needed. This message will be in the mcsMQTT Debug.txt file or available with other tools such as MQTT Explorer. This test version was only done for HS4 plugin.
                            Okay. I'll see if I can play with it this weekend. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X