MQTT broker on Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MQTT broker on Ubuntu

So I am not sure if anyone else ran into this: but I realized my MQTT devices stopped working about 2 weeks ago. I did some digging, and all my beacons stopped reporting around then. I thought maybe I got a new version of McsMQTT, then I thought it was maybe my RPIs died or needed rebooting. Finally, I couldn't connect from the local machine either. Ends up, I think I upgraded Ubuntu then and some of the default settings changed. I had to specify where the pid file went, make sure that directory was accessible and owned by moquitto. I also had to add a listener port to the conf file. Just a heads up if anyone else runs into this.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

What version of Ubuntu are you running? Desktop or Server? I'd report this back to the package maintainers. It sounds like they may have clobbered your config. I've been running Mosquitto on Ubuntu 18.04.x (now at .6) without any issues.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      What version of Ubuntu are you running? Desktop or Server? I'd report this back to the package maintainers. It sounds like they may have clobbered your config. I've been running Mosquitto on Ubuntu 18.04.x (now at .6) without any issues.
      22.04. Server I believe. I was at 20.04.4 before. The config file looked correct-- username and password were there. Just had to change the permissions and add a listener to the config file.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Ah Ok. I mis-understood. It wasn't like the upgrade package clobbered the config file. I suspect mosquitto got upgraded and while LISTENER used ti be optional, it is required with the latest version. I'll have to do a little digging into that since I'm getting ready to upgrade as well.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
        X