Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emporia on Linux

Hi Michael,

The extensive documentation tells where to put the AWSLogin.zip files on Windows but there is no mention of where to put them in Linux. Any ideas?

Thank you,
    Scott

It depends upon where python installs are placed. The manual indicates
    The AWSlogin folder and __main__.py file in this folder is installed in the same location as pyemvue. The location will depend upon the computer.
    You can do a search on your computer for pyemvue after you install it to find the location where the other files should be placed. I do not have a Linux system running right now so I cannot look to see where it is located. Otheres that have installed Flume with mcsMQTT may be able to chime in if they are using Linux.

Comment

Thank you for the fast response!

It depends upon where python installs are placed.
      On my system, ~/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyemvue

Comment

That implies to me that ~/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/AWSlogin is where the files are deposited.

Comment

I am sure I am doing something stupid but I cannot get it to work. These are the steps I have taken:

1. sudo apt install python3-pip (no errors)

2. pip install pyemvue (Successfully installed pyemvue-0.16.1)

3. placed AWSLogin in ~/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages
          Click image for larger version

Name:	emp1.png
Views:	107
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1574003
          4. placed AWSKeys into /usr/local/HomeSeer/data/mcsMQTT and /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/mcsMQTT folder and edited both for my Emporia login credentials
          (one folder is upper case and one is lower case and I didn't know which you are using)

5. modified /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/mcsMQTT.ini
          Code:
          [General]
          DebugLog=0
          Version=5.26.5.4
          StatisticsParentRef=""
          FirstPass=1
          MQTTBroker="192.168.1.101"
          LASTTRIGGERS=""
          PythonPath=/usr/bin/python
          DevicexFilter1=""
          DevicexFilter2=""
          DevicexFilter3=""
          DevicexFilter4=""
          SegmentFilter1=""
          SegmentFilter2=""
          SegmentFilter3=""
          SegmentFilter4=""
          SegmentFilter5=""
          SegmentFilter6=""
          SegmentFilter7=""
          SegmentFilter8=""
          SegmentFilter9=""
          SegmentFilter10=""
          SegmentFilter11=""
          SegmentFilter12=""
          ObsoleteUnassociated="0"
          [HTTP]
          0=https://api.emporiaenergy.com||0||5||||
          ​

6. setup the cloud tab

Name:	emp3.png
Views:	148
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1574002
          7. entered /customers/devices in the text box on the api.emporiaenergy.com:Control and clicked Submit

8. HomeSeer log has 1 entry
          Code:
          11/04/2022 00:26:04
          HomeSeer
          Device Control
          Device: api.emporiaenergy.com:Control URL URL-api.emporiaenergy.com api.emporiaenergy.com:Control to Stop Polling (-2147483648) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          ​
          9. mcsMQTT association tab has 2

Name:	emp4.png
Views:	105
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1574004

Thank you,
          Scott

Comment

The feedback showing in the Association table is the 401 unauthorized code. It implies that you have had success with contacting the emporia cloud server, but the login credentials were not satisfied

Look at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...t-and-homeseer post 6 for use of the python application to login to the emporia server via a terminal window. This will result in the keys.json file being updated with the encrypted credentials and replace the ones you started with with the initial edit. This is just a test process to assure the python application is running properly. Unless it is working properly then mcsMQTT will not be able to get the login credentials.

Enable debug from top of mcsMQTT MQTT Page, General Tab. The debug data will go to HS subfolder /data/mcsMQTT/mcsMQTT Debug.txt. There could be additional information provided in that file related to why the integration is not working for you.

Comment

Working...
            X