Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dingtian, devices created differently this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dingtian, devices created differently this time?

I have a DingTian 4ch relay which I've been using for about 8 months or so without any issues at all. I had only been using (2 of the) the inputs and not the relays so when I originally set it up I only associated the 4 inputs (and the device status) to Homeseer, no problems with that. I am going to be adding some functionality that requires using (2 of the) relays so I went in today to associate the relays to Homeseer but for some reason the devices created came up as "sub-devices" under the Dingtian controller as opposed to separately like the inputs did originally. I don't think it's really problematic, I'm just more wondering why the difference/inconsistancy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dingtian.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1574277

Apparently mcsMQTT does not recognize that a parent device 1259 already exists. I do not know why. What I suggest is that you use mcsMQTT Edit tab, Grouping row to change the grouping. Start by clicking on the Association tab 1254 button and then for grouping parent use 1259. Same for 1258. You can group however you want so you may want to groupd 1258 under 1253 so Door and Controller are separate. I will see if I can replicate to understand what may be happening. Thank You for the feedback.

Comment

Michael McSharry Just looking at the device numbers as they sit... could this have been a side-effect of the inputs being the first devices added, with the device itself (for the online status) being added a couple of days afterward? When I then added the relays yesterday they had an existing parent to be underneath where the inputs originally did not?

Comment

My guess is that the version of mcsMQTT used before is different than what you are using now and algorithm used to detect a parent Device likely changed. It became a problem during the migration from HS3 to HS4 where HS4 has certain expectations that did not exist in the HS3. There was also the expansion into complex JSON payloads where the desired parent topic changed based upon context. Could this theory explain it?

Comment

Working...
        X