Error creating HS4 device for HS: mcsMQTT value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error creating HS4 device for HS: mcsMQTT value

I was wanting to store HandleCount in the mcsMQTT Influxdb (for graphing), so I created an HS4 device (associated) the HS:HandleCount..
    HS4 wasn't happy about that, got four of these ever minute until I unassociated it.
    Error displaying device (1) HS HS HS:HandleCount:HS4:A status graphic with that value set already exists Check with the owner of the plugin that created this device.

Is it possible to do that, or did I not do it correctly?

Thanks

I think it is telling you that the Status Icon is not unique for the Status/Graphics values. Perhaps ranges overlap or a single value that is within another defined range. Look as Status/Graphics tab of HS Devices for this Feature.

Comment

That was it, should have looked at the error message closer.

When mcsMQTT creates the HS4 device it creates Status/Graphics for:
      -1 Stopped
      0 - 400 Blank
      1 Not 2656 (2656 is the HandleCount)

Not sure why it's creating the 1 Status, but deleting it clears the fault.

Comment

Seems odd. The plug-in only generates icons for specific topics as part of auto device creation. The not xxx VSP is done for topics that I think are marked as Button type but only have received one payload value at the time of Association. If it is a common payload such as on or open then it will create the VSP for off and close respectively. It is something that needs further research. I do not think the plug-in creates Graphics for generic topics. This is a departure between HS3 and HS4 where in HS4 the graphic and status is associated with VGP while in HS3 only the graphic is associated with VGP and status is part of VSP.

Comment

Working...
        X