SwitchBot Mini Blinds Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SwitchBot Mini Blinds Support?

Does this plugin support the Bluetooth control of SwitchBot mini blind tilters? I did a search for SwitchBot and this plugin popped up in the search.
    Thanks
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Yes and No. mcsMQTT uses OpenMQTTGateway (OMG) for the Bluetooth decoding. While the OMG documentation provides two methods for control of Switchbot devices, the current version 1.7 of OMG has a bug that makes the control non-functional. It does fine for status. I was disappointed about the defect. Others have confirmed it as well and it has been logged in their tracking system. OMG is open source so I could dig into it, but there is always a learning curve when using other's code.

What can be done today with mcsMQTT is control the blinds using the Switchbot cloud and then get status from both the Cloud and from Bluetooth. It at least overcomes the update rate limit imposed by Switchbot for getting data from their server.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Still looking for mini blind control and these SwitchBots seem to be quite popular.
      I want to automate the family room blinds like the curtains in other rooms that I already control.
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Working...
      X