Problem in receiving messages on Internal Broker running on HomeSeer Pro S6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem in receiving messages on Internal Broker running on HomeSeer Pro S6

I have the internal MCS MQTT broker running on an S6 Pro and I can see the broker is publishing messages. However the broker seems to have a problem in receiving messages from the network.
    I have tried connecting to the broker through MQTT Explorer App running on a laptop on the same network where I am using the IP address of HS on port 1883 and the App is not not able to establish a connection. So I must be missing something here. Could someone point me in the right direction?
    Attached Files

mcsShelly and mcsMQTT share the same mcsMQTT_2020.dll with the only difference in operation is that mcsShelly has user settings default to listen to only the Shelly topics. While you can change the defaults to open it up for generic MQTT traffic, it is easier to just use mcsMQTT rather than mcsShelly. Dont use both at the same time. For your specific question look on the plugin's General tab, Inbound Management and look at the subscription template.

Comment

Thank you Michael, I finally figured out the issue as being the Firewall settings. I have it working properly now.

Comment

Working...
      X