Problem Setting Up DuoBulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Setting Up DuoBulb

Having problem setting up new DuoBulb in plugin.
    Bulb registered on my wifi and assigned manual IP.
    Can access and change settings on bulb webpage OK and the bulb reacts appropriately.

1st time I configured bulb webpage settings to activate MQTT, mcsShelly plugin created devices for the bulb and I could turn the bulb on and off but the brightness (slider) and color (submit) settings would not work... after requesting those to change from the HS3 web control page, after 15 seconds or so the bulb would go off and then back on without changing brightness or color and the HS3 device settings would return to the prior value.

After disabling and re-enabling the plugin couple times with no improvement, I unchecked all the association table "a" columns for the bulb and disabled/re-enabled the plugin... the "a" column boxes were rechecked, but the bulb devices are no longer appearing in the HS3 web control page... for Room filter, the "ShellyBulbDuo-664A7C" that previously appeared is now missing. While previously, the "Dev:" value in the association table showed "shellies|ShellyBulbDuo-665A7C|ShellyBulbDuo-664A7C-xxxx where xxx's are energy, power, etc, the "Dev." values now show as: Unknown. Payload values do show the current states of the bulb which I can change from the bulb's webpage. The HS reference numbers shown in the association table have not changed but do not show in Jon00 Device Viewer as assigned reference numbers.

Wondering:
    1. Why the on/off worked but the brightness slider and color temp setting submit would not work?
    2. Now that I've probably screwed up mcsShelly settings somehow, suspect I need to remove the bulb from the plugin somehow so it can be rediscovered cleanly?... how do I do that?

PS: Plugin is working for a Shelly Relay Switch installed several months ago. I have no MQTT knowledge so I haven't a clue here...

The easiest way to get back to the starting point with the Duo is to go to mcsMQTT page, General tab, Obsolete row and enter shellies/ShellyBulbDuo-665A7C/# in the text box. Next communication from the Duo will recreate the HS device.

The Duo has a slider for brightness and a slider for white level. When I try the brightness slider I get an error trap so I need to investigate why this is the case and fix it. I will post again later tonight after I do the investigation.

Comment

Thanks, Michael.
      I entered the data into the obsolete row... Got "ShellyBulbDuo-664A7C" in the Room filter again and got two devices/refs in the HS Control webpage:
      1. MQTT_Receive device for ShellyBulbDuo-664A7C-Online with status Online
      2. MQTT_Receive device for shellies-ShellyBulbDuo-664A7C no status
      no other devices so no way to control the bulb.

Comment

There may be something else happening. When the following is entered the previous HS devices should be deleted and the MQTT Page, Association tab should not any rows with ShellyBulbDuo-665A7C. The Association table is updated with the button just above the table. There may be an Online device that remains, but that will not affect the bulb.
        Code:
        shellies/ShellyBulbDuo-665A7C/#
        If power is recycled on the bulb it will transmit its information again and that is when mcsShelly will create the devices. In my earlier testing I had two plugins running in the debugger that interfered with each other. Once I started again after dinner I no longer had an issue with the slider. I did need to update the On/Off control. That update was put at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsShelly_5_11_5_1.zip. If you do not know how to use the Updater Override process then refer to the end of post #4 at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...h-wled-devices In your case it will be mcsShelly rather than mcsMQTT.

If you continue to have issue with brightness control then enable the debug from the top of the General tab or MQTT page. Try to control brightness and then post the file \Data\mcsShelly\mcsMQTT Debug.txt

If you continue to have issue with getting back to a set of HS devices then use the "O" column checkbox from the MQTT page, Association tab. Check each row with the Duo then at the top of the "O" column click button to delete devices. Go to HS Devices and delete any Duo devices if any still remain. Having debug enabled for this will also help if you have issues at this step.

Comment

Thanks, Michael… I’m not doing well…

I couldn’t get the “remove” function to work again… wouldn’t delete the association entries or the two HS devices. So I used the “o” column to delete all the associations for the bulb and that worked; then deleted the two HS devices.

I then realized I didn’t have the latest version of mscShelly… had 5.5.1.4 so disabled the plugin and updated to the released version 5.9.3.2. Installed successfully, but in the Plug-in Status column get:
          “WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from mcsShelly – the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.”
          I assume this means the drop-down list for PLUG-INS… and indeed mcsShelly does not appear in that list. I did a browser refresh but still doesn’t appear (don’t know how to “refresh” the list). Disable/Enable the plugin doesn’t help. Uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin… same result.

Moved on to trying to install your zip version. Followed the instructions you referenced:
          For HS3 it is paraphrased from the HS3 SDK
          1. Download the zip file that is in the HS3 updater format. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_7_0_1.zip is the last one that I have uploaded. (I downloaded 5_11_5_1)
          2. Place your package installation ZIP file into the \Updates3\Zips folder.
          3. Unzip updater_override.txt. I believe it goes in the HS3 folder.
          3. Now go to the menu Plugins>Manage and click on the Refresh (Update Listing) button so it finds your updater_override.txt file and it should list your package

4. Remove updater_override.txt file to restore normal Updater operation.

In your zip, the file is update-override.json… I installed this in HS3 main folder (after renaming an old update-override.txt) and when selected the Refresh got an error message. Changed the file name to update-override.txt… same result.

So now I don’t have a functioning mscShelly. Can you help me get 5.9.3.2 working? And can you check that the updater_override.json file in your zip is correct?

Current Date/Time: 12/16/2020 4:21:57 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
          System Uptime: 44 Days 3 Hours 9 Minutes 22 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.xxx.xxx

Number of Devices: 648
          Number of Events: 459
          Available Threads: 200
          HSTouch Enabled: True
          Event Threads: 479
          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
          Device Exec Queue: 0
          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
          Email Send Queue: 0
          Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials
          In Virtual Machine: No MFG: lenovo
          Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.140.0: BLRadar
          0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
          3.0.0.71: EasyTrigger
          3.0.0.41: EnvisaLink
          3.3.6.0: Hubitat
          5.9.3.2: mcsShelly
          1.2020.705.1301: MyQ
          19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome
          3.0.0.2: UPB
          3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

I believe you are trying to install the HS4 plugin. mcsShellyxxx.zip is for HS3. HSPI_mcsShellyxxx.zip if for HS4. The most current HS3 is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsShelly_5_11_5_1.zip

Comment

OK my bad... should have been in the HS3 part of the forum.
              Might as well continue here...
              Used the specified HS3 zip file but still no joy... installed but when enable still get: "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from mcsShelly – the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed" and mcsShelly is not in the Plug-Ins dropdown list.
              Log file attached Log.txt

Comment

The log file look normal, except the fatal message shown below. It is something that I do not get when I replicate your steps.
                Dec-16 9:21:45 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): mcsShelly Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

We can continue to diagnose what has broken, but if you do not have much invested in events etc. with your existing Shelly device then I suggest starting over with use of mcsMQTT rather than mcsShelly. The current version of that plugin is at htttp://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_11_6_1.zip. To go this route disable mcsShelly and install mcsMQTT using the Updater Override process. When the Shelly device communicates the next time the mcsMQTT-owned devices will be created for each Shelly device that has communicated. The mcsShelly-owned devices now become obsolete and will never be used again.

mcsShelly is the same as mcsMQTT with a configuration that limits what can be done using the mcsShelly plugin. mcsMQTT is a better long term choice as it will open other avenues without any downside.

Which direction do you want to go?

Comment

Thanks, Michael... OK will go the mcsMQTT route... assume I can uninstall mcsShelly. Will try tomorrow...

Comment

Disabled and Uninstalled mcsShelly... deleted mcsShelly items found remaining in HS3 folders.
                    Shelly Relay is installed and active.
                    Unplugged the DuoBulb
                    Successfully installed and enabled htttp://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_5_11_6_1.zip
                    Plugin registered items for Shelly Relay (online and off) - great! new HS3 Refs so will edit events to changed refs.
                    But Association table also showed two items for the DuoBulb even though it is unplugged... somehow carried over from the prior mcsShelly install but with new Refs:
                    1) Ref 926 shellies/ShellyBulbDuo-664A7C
                    2) Ref 927 Dev: shellies|ShellyBulbDuo-664AC7C|online with Payload Offline

Trying to be careful: Should I use "o" column to delete these association entries and delete the ref's from HS3 before plugging in the Bulb?

Comment

Yes use the "O" column checkbox to remove them and they should also disappear then from HS Devices. It looks like there was remnants of the previous install for it to have created these two devices. Should not matter if you obsolete them and then introduce the Duo.

Comment

Still having issues... moving to HS3 mcsMQTT topic.

Comment

Working...
                        X