Models of miLight. actuallly compatiblle with the plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Models of miLight. actuallly compatiblle with the plugin

Hi, looking a the he past Thread i see the model mentioned, but want to take he guess work out when buying a controller

could you share links to amazon or other places where we can find the compatible products?

thank you

Victor

will the plugin work with LGIDTECH Miboxer WL5(YL5 VUP)

Thank you

Comment

Hi Victor,

Unfortunately that's not easy to answer. But my advise would be to stay away from Miboxer WL, or any controller that works with Alexa or Google assistant. They seem to be using a very different protocol, namely Tuya (they may work with the Tuya plugin, but nobody has confirmed that yet).

What you would want is a Mi-Light branded Wi-Fi controller, iBox1 or iBox2:

Click image for larger version  Name:	iBox1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.4 KB ID:	1549767
      Click image for larger version  Name:	iBox2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	1549768
      Please note that the MiBoxer has the same housing as the Ibox2, but a different label and different software.

I just googled to try to find where they can still be bought. But it seems pretty impossible to find a reliable link. Every time I think I found iBox1 or iBox2 the picture shows a MiBoxer WL-Box1, which is definitely wrong. So, even if you find one, you must check with the seller that what you see is what you get. So, I'm sorry, but I'm not providing a link. I don't want to give you a link that seems fine and then have you end up with the wrong product.

Also note that MiBoxer lights seem to be compatible with the MiLight Wi-Fi controllers. It looks like they were only rebranded. Of course I can't be 100% sure about this, because I have not tried every model.

Edit: I you find a link and you are not sure, post it here and I will do my best to help you verify.
      Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
      Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

Working...
      X