All 14 Insteon water sensors stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 14 Insteon water sensors stopped working

I've discovered that all of my 14 Insteon water sensors stopped working.
    They all worked great for months, but now are not working.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling one of them and it will not reinstall.
    Not sure what to do now.........
    HS4

you may just need to reset and reprogram your interface.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm still having issues with my water sensors.
      I've installed your new software and updated everything.
      I uninstalled one of the sensors and tried to reinstall it, but it says "The Insteon ID 4E.1E.04 Is already registered.
      When I check the device list, it is not there.

Nice job on your new interface... look great

Comment

No need to uninstall any of them. this is a link/comm issue

restart the plugin and then try to register 4E.1E.04 again? this may just be a bug in v4.0.1.0

did you run the reset and reprogram on the interface?

are you seeing anything in the logs?

if you test the leak sensor and its not sending any messages, then it needs to be reprogrammed. they dont send msgs unless they are linked to an interface
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Update...
          I just tried another sensor and I think I discovered the issue.
          There is a button on top of each sensor and after the sensor is activated when moisture is detected it closes the designated valve. To reopen the valve, normally you tap the button on top of the sensor and it opens the valve and resets the sensor. This used to work with all the sensors, but no longer does on any of them.
          There seems to be an issue with the reset button on Insteon moisture sensors.

Comment

sounds familiar.

i do know that once they trip (ie detect water) they must be reset manually. not sure of the process
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I did the reset and reprogram on the interface.
              Nothing is showing up in logs regarding sensors.
              I still can not reinstall the sensor I uninstalled because it still says "The Insteon ID 4E.1E.04 Is already registered".

Comment

The "manual" reset button on top of all the sensors used to work, but no longer does

Comment

Originally posted by Larrynau@Cox.net View Post
                  I did the reset and reprogram on the interface.
                  Nothing is showing up in logs regarding sensors.
                  I still can not reinstall the sensor I uninstalled because it still says "The Insteon ID 4E.1E.04 Is already registered".
                  please check the config\insteon.ini file deviceid=4E.1E.04

did you restart the plugin between attempts to register?

are there any hs devices related to the sensor in question?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

btw, did you check the voltage of the batteries with a meter?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes... The batteries should last 10 years and they are all fine.
                      Just to make sure I install new batteries in one of the units and still the same issue.
                      The manual reset button will not work.

Comment

Any activity with the water sensors are not showing up in the log file.... humm

Comment

Can you post the links you see on one of them
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Is this the link info you needed?
                            Attached Files

Comment

the links look correct. have you tried a factory reset on one of the sensors? you will need to reprogram it if the reset works.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X