Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Perform a Factory Reset On Your Insteon Hub?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Well from the school of if you beat it to death, go ahead hit it again.... I had done 2 factory resets on my Hub shortly after Insteon went south - and I can vouch for the fact that in my case the Hub still works and Mark's plug is connected and works. Adding devices now. I also happened to have a brand new out of the box backup hub laying around that had never been deployed - it connected fine as well. It is good to have a plan and a backup....

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by 2BossDogs View Post
      Well from the school of if you beat it to death, go ahead hit it again.... I had done 2 factory resets on my Hub shortly after Insteon went south - and I can vouch for the fact that in my case the Hub still works and Mark's plug is connected and works. Adding devices now. I also happened to have a brand new out of the box backup hub laying around that had never been deployed - it connected fine as well. It is good to have a plan and a backup....
      thanks

      are there any schedules still running from the hub?
      Mark

      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Can anyone confirm that doing a reset via the plugin clears the internal hub schedules leftover from the insteon app?
        I tried one of the reset options via the plugin, but I'm a work right now and don't remember which one... I kind of guessed. LOL Original schedules are still running. Which plugin option should I use and I will report back tonight.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Gadgets View Post

          I tried one of the reset options via the plugin, but I'm a work right now and don't remember which one... I kind of guessed. LOL Original schedules are still running. Which plugin option should I use and I will report back tonight.
          please run the plugin Interface/reset interface option and report back if the schedules go away
          Mark

          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
          Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

            just to be clear, you are suggesting removing the banner about not resetting the hub?

            i saw a second banner recently
            Yes, exactly. I wish I could show the banner, but I already 'X'd it.

            It had a red background with yellow characters I believe.

            But Mark, seeing the hours you're putting in to these forums lately, don't give did a high priority.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by claude View Post

              Yes, exactly. I wish I could show the banner, but I already 'X'd it.

              It had a red background with yellow characters I believe.

              But Mark, seeing the hours you're putting in to these forums lately, don't give did a high priority.
              Here are the two banners that are at the top of my page. I haven't bothered to "X" them yet.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-27_153643.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1540640

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

                please run the plugin Interface/reset interface option and report back if the schedules go away
                Schedules did not go away. Lights came on about 35 minutes earier than they should going by the "sunset" time showing in event I created. They shouldn't have come on until 8:16pm eastern but they came on about 7:40pm
                Last edited by Gadgets; April 27, 2022, 07:18 PM. Reason: update: Sunset even ran at 8:16pm like it should

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by 2BossDogs View Post
                  Well from the school of if you beat it to death, go ahead hit it again.... I had done 2 factory resets on my Hub shortly after Insteon went south - and I can vouch for the fact that in my case the Hub still works and Mark's plug is connected and works. Adding devices now. I also happened to have a brand new out of the box backup hub laying around that had never been deployed - it connected fine as well. It is good to have a plan and a backup....


                  Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

                  thanks

                  are there any schedules still running from the hub?
                  Mark - there were no schedules running anymore. We come home to darkness Tuesday night. And HOTDAMN - I have all devices installed and most are running - including a critical water valve. Thank you sir.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I did the Insteon Hub Reset and it worked. Just received the new controller yesterday and did the initial setup. Here are the basic setup steps.

                    Setup the HS4 web app
                    Added the MNS plugin
                    Disabled the Z-wave plugin
                    Set up the Insteon devices and confirmed they worked from the HomeTroller screen
                    Reset the Insteon hub
                    Confirmed the devices still worked
                    Confirmed the old Insteon scenes no longer function

                    Nest steps are to recreate the events to mimic the old Insteon scenes...
                    ...Al

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Did you do a full factory reset on the hub? All cautions thus far say not to do that or it renders the hub useless?? Did it get rid of the schedules in the Insteon Hub?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by pcowley32@gmail.com View Post
                        Did you do a full factory reset on the hub? All cautions thus far say not to do that or it renders the hub useless?? Did it get rid of the schedules in the Insteon Hub?
                        Yes, I did the Insteon reset on the hub. It does clear out the scenes / schedules. It did not affect the operation of the HS4 control of any of the devices I had previously set up. After doing the Insteon hub reset, I waited a day to be sure the old insteon scenes were gone and there were no other issues. Then I created my group events on the HS4 and they are all working fine. I suspect that as more people do the Insteon hub reset with no problems it will become the recommended process.

                        …Al

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Does anyone know if it is possible to set a static IP on the hub after the reset, or is the only option a DHCP reservation? I believe the static IP config for the hub used to be set via the insteon app.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I set up an IP reservation on my router for both the Insteon hub and the HomeTroller hub. That way I can access either hub with a known IP address that won’t change. I did perform the Insteon Hub reset after setting up the IP reservation and no problems, the address remained the same.

                            …Al

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by jgb View Post
                              Does anyone know if it is possible to set a static IP on the hub after the reset, or is the only option a DHCP reservation? I believe the static IP config for the hub used to be set via the insteon app.
                              i think insteon disabled the internal webpage that allowed a static ip. the dhcp reservation is the best option
                              Mark

                              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                              Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Performed a reset via the plugin and NO JOY. Insteon hub schedules still in control. Performed a factory reset and HomeSeer still works. I'll know tonight if the Insteon Hub schedules were successfully cleared.
                                I have to say that without Mark, the HomeSeer support desk, and this forum I would be SOL, I'm not that techie, started with X-10 a few decades ago and evolved into Insteon. I could see the whole thing gradually going down hill, but I kept grinding away because of the cost to scrap all the hardware. My bad!

                                UPDATE; Factory reset of the Insteon hub worked. It's been a couple of days. Old Insteon schedules are deleted and HS4 running on the HTPlus hub is now in control.
                                Life is good once again!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X