Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Perform a Factory Reset On Your Insteon Hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Curious -- when I click on the "voted icon" for one of the votes, the user ids come up. But it does not work for the other two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap017.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1541523

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      When we finally determine a factory reset is safe, here is the process

Factory Reset Insteon Hub (2014)
      1. Disconnect Insteon Hub from power
      2. Press and hold the set button while reconnecting power. Insteon Hub will emit a long beep.
      3. When the long beep ends, release the set button. Insteon Hub will double-beep and after 30 seconds, Insteon Hub will beep again.
      4. Power cycle Insteon Hub by disconnecting and then reconnecting it to power.
      Well I took the chance and performed the above steps to try and reset my Hub to clear the old schedules. Add me to the list of IT WORKED! I still have to confirm schedules etc. but that won't happen until tomorrow night now, but it came back and I can control my devices through HomeSeer and the Insteon plugin. I did have to re-start HomeSeer after resetting the hub. I am a happy man right now. LOL

Comment

dsfarkas this is not the thread to request help with issues. please start a "New Topic" from the main forum page

MNS Insteon for HS4
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I had the powerline usb PLM so am using that when I set up my rasberry pi so no longer need the hub. It seems much more responsive than using the hub anyways.

Comment

I noticed https://www.insteon.com/ is back up with a explanation on the home page as to the shutdown. It seems they are still hoping for a buyer to resurrect the product

Comment

I went ahead and did the factory reset following the procedure. All seems fine and the links table shows old links are gone. I'm creating groups and events to recreate my insteon scenes. Will see how it works. I was going to update my Vote in the poll, but I don't see a way to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jimsmith357 View Post
                I went ahead and did the factory reset following the procedure. All seems fine and the links table shows old links are gone. I'm creating groups and events to recreate my insteon scenes. Will see how it works. I was going to update my Vote in the poll, but I don't see a way to do that.
                i will check on updating the poll vote
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

At first I ran the plugin interface reset, and found that worked to get HomeSeer controlling things, but that my previous schedules also still were running on the hub.

I wound up performing the 10-second factory reset on the hub to clear the old schedules, and then re-adding my devices. So I can confirm that resetting the hub clears any schedules that were in there.

Also, someone had mentioned that clearing device links to unassociated devices can work as a mechanism to clear the schedules. I did this before the factory reset on the hub, and it got rid of most of my schedules, but I had one two switchlinc switches that wouldn't comply. So I wound up doing the hub factory reset.

I've since had my older PLM re-capped by the guy on Ebay who offers the service. To have as a backup.

Hoping this helps whomever.

Comment

no need to readd devices after a reset, just run the plugin interface/update interface to rebuild the hub link database. the devices are saved in the insteon.ini file on your hs platform.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X