X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by warren@wcnjsmith.com View Post
    Factory reset - all came back on line with no problem. Interesting however the hub, once reset completed and rebooted it issued a Group 254 ON command - and yes, the lights with group 254 turned on.

So now to remove group 254 from the devices and see what happens.

Here is the hub doc link. I may have misread the documentation - page 52 53. It may be referencing the hub command to a device to illuminate the device LED.

http://www2.wcnjsmith.com:8080/Media...-062013-en.pdf
    did you run the interface/update interface after the reset? it like it based on the results, just wanted to confirm.

group 254 is the global group that the plugin registers with every switch. i try not to register outlets, iolincs, etc.

you can delete the link for each device if you want, but if you run the program device for homeseer it will re-add that link.

have you responded to the reset poll? if not, please do so or update your reponse if possible

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ur-insteon-hub

Leave a comment:

• warren@wcnjsmith.com
    replied
    Factory reset - all came back on line with no problem. Interesting however the hub, once reset completed and rebooted it issued a Group 254 ON command - and yes, the lights with group 254 turned on.

So now to remove group 254 from the devices and see what happens.

Here is the hub doc link. I may have misread the documentation - page 52 53. It may be referencing the hub command to a device to illuminate the device LED.

http://www2.wcnjsmith.com:8080/Media...-062013-en.pdf

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    (2)
    Originally posted by warren@wcnjsmith.com View Post
    Still having an issue with lights randomly turning on - usually a half dozen all at once - full brightness. Nothing in HS4 logs / Insteon debug indicating this is caused by HS4 or plugin. Last night every light came on at around 9pm. All exactly the same time. This would not be the case with sequential commands such as coming from HS4.

Leaning towards something in the hub.

So - should I factory reset the hub. I have been using the default username and password anyway should should be fine there. I have the mac to IP address reserved so to get the same address.

I am concerned however as to the firmware reversion back to original, which apparently happens on factory reset.
    2.8 - 4117 is the factory version.

Are there any tools available to monitor all insteon traffic to find wayward messages - basically like what wireshark for communications protocols does. I have an RF usb insteon dongle - wonder if you can set it to promiscuous listen all mode.

This may work - looks like it captures all Insteon traffic - https://www.insteonsoftware.com/index.html

A side topic - on the hub, would it ever be possible to have the plugin turn the red light to green when connected to the plugin - would make quick monitoring of the plugin status. I dug through the hub docs and did find the commands to control the LED.

Thank you

Warren
    (1) The plugin doesn't care about the general hub firmware version (that was for the insteon app only). the plugin only talks to the internal plm which has its own fw that will not be downgraded in a factory reset. please give it a try if you want. the only other option to remove schedules is the insteon-terminal app mentioned in this forum.

Factory Reset Insteon Hub (2014)
    1. Disconnect Insteon Hub from power
    2. Press and hold the set button while reconnecting power. Insteon Hub will emit a long beep.
    3. When the long beep ends, release the set button. Insteon Hub will double-beep and after 30 seconds, Insteon Hub will beep again.
    4. Power cycle Insteon Hub by disconnecting and then reconnecting it to power.

after a manual factory reset, you will need to run the interface/update interface to reprogram the link database in the hub.

please post your reset results here

(2) post a link to the docs about the led and i will check it out

Leave a comment:

• warren@wcnjsmith.com
    started a topic Random lights turning on...solved

Random lights turning on...solved

Still having an issue with lights randomly turning on - usually a half dozen all at once - full brightness. Nothing in HS4 logs / Insteon debug indicating this is caused by HS4 or plugin. Last night every light came on at around 9pm. All exactly the same time. This would not be the case with sequential commands such as coming from HS4.

Leaning towards something in the hub.

So - should I factory reset the hub. I have been using the default username and password anyway should should be fine there. I have the mac to IP address reserved so to get the same address.

I am concerned however as to the firmware reversion back to original, which apparently happens on factory reset.
    2.8 - 4117 is the factory version.

Are there any tools available to monitor all insteon traffic to find wayward messages - basically like what wireshark for communications protocols does. I have an RF usb insteon dongle - wonder if you can set it to promiscuous listen all mode.

This may work - looks like it captures all Insteon traffic - https://www.insteonsoftware.com/index.html

A side topic - on the hub, would it ever be possible to have the plugin turn the red light to green when connected to the plugin - would make quick monitoring of the plugin status. I dug through the hub docs and did find the commands to control the LED.

Thank you

Warren
Working...
X