Cannot Get Fanlinc to Work - Control Multiple Devices at Once Very Sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Get Fanlinc to Work - Control Multiple Devices at Once Very Sluggish

Hello Mark, I've finally gotten everything up and running and synced with Alexa EXCEPT for the FanLinc. FanLinc is recognized as Fan and Light in HomeSeer, and I am able to turn light On and Off in HomeSeer (and Alexa), but the Fan does not work...all it does is show me the status without any way to adjust mode (i.e. low, medium, high, off). Any method to fix?

Also, when I control any one light at a time (i.e. one command at a time), HomeSeer/Insteon/Alexa is almost instantaneous with its response. However, if I make a group command, it is soooooo slow to respond, with 2-5 seconds of delay in between each light in the group from responding. What could be causing this and how do we improve it? Thanks!

I need to work on the fanlinc in the plugin. i dont know what the magic combination of settings with the plugin are in order to get it to work with alexa.

for now, you could create 4 Groups to control the fan at the different levels and then let alexa discover those groups
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks. What about the long delay when there are multiple devices in a group triggered to turn on or off? groups used to be nearly instantaneous with Insteon server. Is there something causing large delays for mine or is this something everyone experiences with your plug in and HomeSeer? Thanks!

Comment

Are you using a plugin Group? That should Be fast. A single cmd to control several devices at once.

Look at the hs log. Any errors or delays there’s. Post a log. See the getting started post for details on posting a log.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Please see the hs log at the below link. I also included the Insteon Error Log. Very sluggish with multiple switches in a group trying to be controlled. Also, I have now twice in a week experienced the Insteon plugin becoming non-responsive to commands using Alexa and in the Homeseer app directly; Alexa provides feedback that the command went through and the Homeseer app doesn't indicate any connection errors but also does nothing. First time this happened I disabled and reenabled the plugin to make it work. Today, that did not fix it. Thanks!

Insteon Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rHK...ew?usp=sharing
          HS Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PGK...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

please install the latest beta. i have made changes regarding the disconnect.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-beta-4-0-3-10

please post a pic of the event controlling multiple switches.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X