Clear All

device doesn't show up in list when adding trigger...solved

SOLVED

Trying to create an event triggered by motion sensor
    THEN ->>
    Action = Control a device
    Device = motion sensor
    Add Device ->>
    The light I want to control does not show up in the list. Actually every light in the upstairs is not in the list. Lots of other lights are
    Why can I not select that device? 60 features show up in the list but not the one I need.

what type of device is it? it must be controllable to show up in the 'control a device' list

if you restart the plugin, or hs4 does that help?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It's a normal insteon dimmable light switch. No light switches in the level "upstairs" are showing up in the list
      I restarted the rasberry pi and it didn't help. Not sure how to restart just the plugin

Comment

disable/enable from the plugin/manage to only restart the plugin. restarting the Pi restarts everything.

can you post a pic of the feature tab of two devices

are you getting any errors in the hs log when the plugin starts or when trying to create the event?

if so see the getting started Topic for how to post the log here

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The light that was missing before is now showing up in the list but not the older style motion sensor that I want to control it. I have a newer style motion sensor in my mailbox that does show up though but not the one in my bathroom. I have another event that has this motion sensor defined in it so I know at some point it worked but I cannot create another event for the same device.

I was hoping that fixing the duplicate device on my other thread would fix this as well but it didn't. How come when I disable the insteon plugin, most of the devices still show up in the list for creating an event. I would expect that if the plugin was disabled the devices would all disappear. How does the plugin communicate the existence of devices to homeseer? It seems like they need to be refreshed. I see all the devices under the insteon plugin device list but but not in the list for creating an event

Comment

the list of devices you register in the plugin is one list that the plugin manages and stores itself. the plugin needs to be running to provide this list.

the list of devices on the hs devices page is created by the plugin and stored in the hs4 database. but the plugin manages them. this exist when hs4 is running regardless.

the list for devices in events (triggers and actions) always comes from the hs devices and can change based on the trigger or action selected.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This is the device which shows up in hs devices fine

Attached Files

Comment

When creating an event it cannot be found in the device list. Only my other occupancy sensor is listed
                Attached Files

Comment

have you tried other search terms? eg "motion"
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, and hunted through the list manually. It's not there. I will try posting under a homeseer thread. If it is in the homeseer devices list then it should be in the event trigger list.

Comment

check the hs feature options to make sure its not hidden

Click image for larger version

Name:	general settings.png
Views:	109
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1549218
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It is not hidden

Comment

if you haven't customized any of the status/graphics, maybe the Fix button on the Devices page will help
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

When I click the "Fix HS UI Devices" button it gives a popup with "An Error occurred"

Comment

How can I determine the type of device that is defined for it in the hs database? A motion sensor should be allowable as a controller but not be controllable

Comment

Working...
                              X