Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MNS Insteon Beta 4.0.3.11 (see Release 4.0.4.0)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasperDad View Post
    I went through the procedure to install the Beta version (wanted to add Insteon Thermostats). Teens led the 3.07.1 Thermostat app (and it appears stuck on initializing!). Went to MSN beta plug in to add device…added all the Insteon info for the thermostats and got message “Device Not Supported”. It’s the proper version of the thermostat etc but whichever address I use (4 devices) …same error. When I first installed MSN Insteon a few months ago, I could add the thermos ( but shame on me they were not controllable until your work on latest beta….any thoughts?
    insteon theromostat support is provided here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...at-nfrobertson

you need John's plugin 3.0.8.0 or later
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by msachs9393
      Make sure you have Show Beta Plugins enabled then find the Insteon Thermostat Beta plugin v 3.0.8.5 (for some reason HS has it listed in the Legacy Plugin section now, even though it was taken over by John Willey who has been actively working on it for the last several weeks). That version of the plugin works with the current version of the MNS plugin.
      the Insteon Thermostat plugin is still considered a legacy plugin because it doesn't use the new HS4 API (UI, device protocol, triggers, actions, etc). But it works just fine in HS4
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

All good now! Updated the legacy plug in and all appears to be working. Many thanks to all for the continued support and timely responses! Thank you.

Comment

In the TStat Plugin, go to the Config page, Thermostat tab -- find your thermostat(s) and click the "Update Links" button to the right -- this will let the physical devices send updates to the MNS Insteon plugin and from there, on to the TStat Plugin. You should only need to do that once. If you have issues with the TStat Plugin, post a message in the forum:
          -> HS3 Products -> HS3 Plugins -> Thermostat & HVAC Plugins -> Thermostat & HVAC Discussion -> Insteon Thermostat (JohnWilley)

john

Comment

Working...
          X