Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MNS Insteon Beta 4.0.3.11 (see Release 4.0.4.0)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MNS Insteon Beta 4.0.3.11 (see Release 4.0.4.0)

Changes

- Added On/Off buttons to Group Controllers for new groups (4.0.3.3)
    - Added support for the Insteon Thermostat plugin v3.0.8.0 (4.0.3.3)
    - Added a Fix HS UI Devices button and Fix HS UI Groups button page (4.0.3.4)
    - Revised the Hidden Door sensor support. Delete and re-add the sensor from the plugin Devices page (4.0.3.6)
    - Revised the hub connection routines (4.0.3.6)
    - Revised plugin status messages for Plugins/Manage page (4.0.3.8)
    - Cleaned up shutdown routine to improve future upgrades (4.0.3.8)
    - Fixed Micro Open/Closed controls; statuses still outstanding (4.0.3.9)
    - Fixed Update Links button (4.0.3.10)
    - Fixed crash issue related to SaveConfigFile (4.0.3.11)
    - Fixed error report download issue on linux based platforms (4.0.3.11)

To Install a Beta
    1. Backup your current setup. see the HS Tools/Backup page
    2. Disable the current plugin on the Plugins/Manage page
    3. Goto the HS Plugins/Add page
    4. Enable the Show Beta Plugins option
    5. Search for Insteon
    6. Select the MNS Insteon Beta, then click Install
    7. if you get an error, restart HS4 first and then try again
    Note: you may install the beta over the existing version.

Doc Notes:

The Fix HS UI buttons can be used to fix, repair, or reset the HS devices created by the plugin. This will reset the controls and status/graphics back the plugin default. It will also recreate any missing feature devices. This can be used to upgrade devices built with previous versions of the plugin. This routine will not rename any names or locations, and will not break any Events that use these devices. You will get a warning message once you click the button so you can cancel out.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mark:
    I'm not sure how you want feedback on the latest Beta 4.0.3.3. I didn't see a sticky thread for feedback.

I installed this latest Beta 4.0.3.3 version and created a couple of new test groups (copies of other groups I have). The ON and OFF buttons are a welcome addition.

In HSMobile iOS, the "slim" view for the widget looks good; it shows the (9) gray bars to indicate controls available on a slide up card. The "medium" widget view appears to have troubles with itself. I've seen it take on multiple configurations, with the Buttons stacked, white space between, and at one point, only the On button showed up (wasn't able to capture that screenshot). The "wide" widget view looks OK. In the HSMobile iOS shots below, the new Group Controller widget is "Entry Lights Test Copy".
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220510_023721547_iOS.png
Views:	716
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1543999Click image for larger version

Name:	20220510_023808984_iOS.png
Views:	599
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1544000Click image for larger version

Name:	20220510_023929627_iOS.png
Views:	604
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1544001

All widget views (including the slide up card in slim view) have a large blank space where the drop down list for control options exists. Something other than blank space should be placed here for a visual indicator that there are controls available in this area. It seems that HSMobile has trouble representing the dropdown list as a control.

HS4 Grid and List web view looks fine. On/Off buttons show up with the drop down list below.

I've confirmed that if the GC status is ON, then pressing the virtual ON button (or selecting ON from the drop down list) will send another ON command (Same with OFF commands). This is very helpful. I can now hide the status and simply send commands if needed, or do other trickery with HS4 Events to mimic the 'Scene command sent' function if needed.

As I'm doing testing, it does seem that the "Brighten/Dim One Step" response is very slow, especially if you try to repeatedly stack these commands. Not sure if that's a function of HSMobile, HS4, or MNS. It also appears that if you've selected "Dim (or Brighten) One Step" in the HS4 drop down, subsequent "Dim(or Brighten) One Step" commands aren't sent.

As per other discussions, it would be very nice to have the Feature of the Group Controller be automatically named "Group-Device Name" when the Group is created. HSMobile does not like to show all the information for default created Group Controllers in the HSMobile Device list.

Great progress Mark, I'll keep testing around, but so far so good.
    Biggest issues in my opinion:
    1. Strange blank whitespace where HSMobile doesn't know what to do with the drop down list.
    2. Need the ability to send multiple stacked "Brighten(or Dim) One Step" Commands. The HS4 Drop down list gets 'stuck' and won't send another. I believe this is/was a common way to adjust group brightness of Scene devices using the up/down arrows within the Scene Controls in the Insteon App.
    My suggestion would be to ditch the drop down, and make Control Buttons for: ON, OFF, Up Arrow (Brighten One Step), Down Arrow (Dim One Step). I don't know what you'd do with the Ramp buttons, but since I don't use them I'll be selfish and say they could be accessed using a (...) type of button which brings up a drop down or other list for the Start Ramp Brighten/Start Ramp Dim/Stop Ramp.

Comment

Another minor issue I noted w/ 4.0.3.3 today - The drop down list shows two copies of On and Off. I suspect this is due to the 1-On 2-Off and 101-On and 102-Off Control lines in the Status/Graphics page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-10 195712.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1544281

Comment

yah, i have a question into HS on this. not sure why this happens. I didnt' change my control list. I just added the buttons
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but are the 'ICON' Insteon switches supported with the HS4 MSN Insteon plugin v4.0.3.0? I have some ICON switches I could use as replacements if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by mjgelinas@coolxp.biz View Post
            Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but are the 'ICON' Insteon switches supported with the HS4 MSN Insteon plugin v4.0.3.0? I have some ICON switches I could use as replacements if needed.
            yes, they are supported; save them.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All of my devices are once again controllable via Alexa. However, something is not right with the new groups. There seems to be a mixup of links when changing one at a time to use the new beta plugin format. My Sunset event did not occur last night after recreating the group. I deleted all groups in the plugin and the group controller devices and events in HS4 to start over. Before creating the new groups in the plugin and their respective group controllers in HS4 and before recreating the timed events in HS4, I performed a Reset Interface to purge links in the hub.

When I recreate the events in HS4, I need to specify an action for the group controller. I think Stevo369 answered my question on which "On" in the drop-down list to select for the action...the one under "Unkown". The added "On" and "Off" above the "Unknown" are likely due to the two new icons.

I'll report back on my success...or failure...to get groups and timed events working again with 4.0.3.3 Beta.

Comment

After recreating my groups in the Insteon Plugin, I enabled Local Voice Control (LVC) and Amazon Alexa Discover (AAD) for only the top level of the device and/or group controllers. For the group controllers, the name of the GroupRoot is the name of the group in the plugin, but I changed the name of the group in the HS4 view from "Group Controller" to "abcd Group", where "abcd" is the name of the group. This identifies the group in the mobile app and saves some space on the dashboard.

Alexa is again able to command all my devices and groups as well as the mobile app and web browser.

The next step is to recreate the timed events. I'll try using the "On" following the "Unknown" selection of the group drop-down list as the action for the events, rather than the first "On" in the drop-down list.

Comment

The view in the mobile app for groups does not include the drop-down list. What is the procedure for removing the drop-down list in the web browser view without breaking the group? I am afraid to delete anything in the Status/Graphics screen without directions on what to delete.

Comment

Originally posted by dsfarkas View Post
                    The view in the mobile app for groups does not include the drop-down list. What is the procedure for removing the drop-down list in the web browser view without breaking the group? I am afraid to delete anything in the Status/Graphics screen without directions on what to delete.
                    do not remove the group control list right now
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

My timed event for Sunset did NOT occur tonight. Alexa, the web browser, and the mobile app have no problems commanding the groups that are invoked by the timed events. It's just the timed events that are not working.

I set up the timed event actions to use the "On" command under the "Unknown" entry in the drop-down list. Should I change the timed events to use the first "On" in the drop-down list?

Correction! When I back and looked at the timed events, they were all invoking the first "On" command in the drop-down list, even though that is not how I programmed them. I went through and edited them to use the "On" under the "Unknown" and then went back and verified them and they were all changed back to the first "On" in the list.

I then edited them all to select "Unknown" as the action and that sticks. However, clicking on "Run Now" does nothing.

Interestingly, the Sunset event shows that it did in fact execute at 7:17 pm, which is the time of Sunset today. It's just that nothing happened.

Comment

can you post a pic of the event actions you are referring to
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here are the five time-based events:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-12_7-24-48.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.6 KB ID:	1544614
                          Note that each of the events executed at its prescribed time. The Awake event showed 6:30 am when I first looked this morning. Since it did not do its actions of invoking the Awake group, I clicked on the Run Now at 7:19 am. Again, nothing happened, so I commanded Awake to run via Alexa and the actions were performed. As I am writing this post, Get Up is not scheduled to execute until 7:30 am, which is why there is no execution time showing for it since I created all five events prior to Sunset (7:17 pm) yesterday. Sunset did not cause its actions to occur, nor did Bedtime or Sunrise, even though this screen shot shows they did execute at their prescribed times.

It's now just past 7:30 am, the time for Get Up to execute and the Events screen shows that it did execute, but its actions did not occur.

Now for the issue with selecting the action. Here is a screen capture of the Sunset Event Group Conditions:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-12_7-33-04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	1544615
                          I programmed each event to select the Unknown option as I described in post number 11 above. Now I will change the group action to select the "On" option under "Unknown" in the drop-down list.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-12_7-38-31.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	1544616

Here is the result:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-12_7-39-07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	1544617

Now, I'll go back in and edit the Group Actions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-12_7-40-50.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	1544618

Instead of showing it was last programmed for the "On" following "Unknown", it shows it is programmed for the "On" at the top of the drop-down list. I am confused why it changed on its own. I am wondering if when I selected the "On" following "Unknown" that broke the events even though when I went back and edited them they showed the first "On" had been selected. By changing them to "Unkown", that too broke them.

I edited all five to use the first "On" in the drop-down list and then executed them using the "Run Now" and they all worked!

I would say let's wait for 24 hours to see if they all execute this evening and tomorrow morning.

Comment

ok. i'm still waiting for HST to tell me why they added my buttons controls to the drop list. that wasn't my intention.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

5/15/2022 10:53:00 AM

Insteon
                              Info
                              Initialize StartupReport Completed

Insteon
                              Info
                              Insteon Support library (Insteon.dll) version: 1.4.3.6

Insteon
                              Info
                              Plugin HSPI_Insteon.exe version: 4.0.3.6

Insteon
                              Info
                              Plugin: Insteon.DLL - v4.0.3.6

Insteon
                              Info
                              Host System: 192.168.1.18 running v4.2.12.0

HomeSeer
                              Starting Plug-In
                              Initializing plugin MNS Insteon ...

HomeSeer
                              Info
                              Plugin Insteon with instance MNS Insteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49836

5/15/2022 10:52:52 AM

HomeSeer Updater
                              Error
                              Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates4\MNS Insteon4.0.3.7

HomeSeer
                              Error
                              Zip Read exception: Unexpected EOF

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Plugin install for MNS Insteon starting...

5/15/2022 10:52:44 AM

HomeSeer
                              TTS
                              Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer

5/15/2022 10:52:41 AM

Insteon
                              Info
                              I/O plug-in shutdown requested.

HomeSeer
                              Plug-In
                              Shutting down Plug-In: MNS Insteon

I too cannot install the latest beta for Insteon. I have disabled the plugin 4.0.3.6 and get an error on installing 4.0.3.7. Log file says it cannot find "install.txt". Previous beta installs have worked fine.

Insteon
                              Info
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              HomeSeer
                              Starting Plug-In
                              HomeSeer
                              Info
                              HomeSeer Updater
                              Error
                              Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates4\MNS Insteon4.0.3.7
                              HomeSeer
                              Error
                              HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              HomeSeer
                              TTS
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              HomeSeer
                              Plug-In
                              5/15/2022 10:52:26 AM
                              HomeSeer
                              Starting Plug-In
                              Plugin MNS Insteon started successfully in 27679 milliseconds
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              Could not contact Interface on 192.168.1.2:25105
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              Scheduled polling resumed.
                              Insteon
                              Info
                              Reloading 21 Insteon device information tables...

Insteon
                              Info

Insteon
                              Info

Insteon
                              Info

Insteon
                              Info

Insteon
                              Info

HomeSeer
                              Starting Plug-In

HomeSeer
                              Info

HomeSeer Updater
                              Error

HomeSeer
                              Error

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info

HomeSeer
                              TTS

Insteon
                              Info

HomeSeer
                              Plug-In

HomeSeer
                              Starting Plug-In
                              Plugin MNS Insteon started successfully in 27679 milliseconds

Insteon
                              Info
                              Could not contact Interface on 192.168.1.2:25105

Insteon
                              Info
                              Scheduled polling resumed.

Insteon
                              Info
                              Reloading 21 Insteon device information tables...

Comment

Working...
                              X