Insteon Hub IP Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub IP Address

Appreciate your help. I'm unable to get an IP address for my Insteon Hub- it appears as "offline".

Somehow, for a brief moment the IP address was available and I was able to input the information and connect, but this was short-lived and now the IP address is no longer available.

Below is the information i copied and pasted from my previous connection.
    Link # Data Description
    1 A2 00 3C 2A 93 01 2A 45
    Data Legend

Byte 1 is the Link Flags
    Byte 2 is the PLM Group Number
    Byte 3 - 5 are the Device ID
    Byte 6 - 8 are link data

Thanks again.

In your router there should be a table which is list of connected clients and if the hub is working I'd expect to find the MAC address of your hub mapped to an IP address.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hub.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	1544933

Something like the following - mind it wont be named HomeseerHub - I did that when I defined my static IP address.

Click image for larger version  Name:	router.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	1544934

Comment

The Insteon Hub is not connecting. I found the device, but it is labeled as "offline". Nothing has changed with my setup from when Insteon was working. So how do i get this back online?

Comment

how about power cycling the hub?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

verify the ip address again. if it changed, update the plugin Settings page
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

OK. the reboot helped. Making progress. I was able to add a single device, but it does not seem to work. The light bulb icon next to the switch name turns on and off as I manually turn the light switch on and off, but the i cannot control the light with the app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 7.36.36 PM.png
Views:	113
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1545024

Comment

can you enable detailed logging on the plugin settings page, then restart hs4 and post the hs log

To post an HS log if you have issues or get errors (Do not copy and post the log, its unreadable)
              - Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post
              Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Is this what you're looking for? Helpful?

Attached Files

Comment

yes, very helpful.

so you can control your pantry light from the HS web UI, but not from the hs mobile app? is that the issue?

i think the following might be your problem...

you have a few errors you need to fix related to user access control. please check with hs support on these.

Warning Remote user grahamdavis85 at gmail.com does not have access to the system. Add the user to the Users tab in setup to grant this user access.
                  5/14/2022 9:59:52 AM HomeSeer Web Server Web Server login failed from: 192.168.86.45 User: gdavis
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Actually, i can't control the light from either source. But if i manually turn the light on and off, it registers on the HS web UI as "on or off". If that makes sense.

Once i added the "pantry light" on the web, it did not register on the mobile app. So I logged out of the mobile app to see if it needed a "reset". but now i cannot log back in - for whatever reason.

Maybe this is part of the problem?

Comment

your user access is messed up. I will need you to work with hs support to resolve.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Actually, i think i was able to add the user. now i have access to the mobile app and the switch appears in the app. but still does not work.

I have attached a new log.

Attached Files

Comment

ok. great. would you mind restarting the Pi again and see if that helps. see HS setup or Tools menu for a restart button
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

hey it worked! all right! thank you.

Comment

glad you got it working. i wish i could figure out why the initial control doesn't work until a restart occurs but i think this is an hs4 issue
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                              X