Trouble Adding Devices from Insteon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Adding Devices from Insteon

I've been following the Getting Started guide for the MNS Plugin for Inteon. When I got to the section about DISPLAY INTERFACE LINKS, I got a list of 206 Link #'s and made a note of them. However, it's not clear how to register devices, which is the next step. When I go to the Plug Devices page to add a device, it asks for the Insteon ID. I'm not sure what to put here. Putting in the Insteon Hub ID throws an error. The Link # and the Data from the previous step, doesn't seem to make sense either. Also, do I need to manually add every Insteon device I have? I assumed there was a way it auto-added them from the Hub.

Since playing around and reading this forum, now when I click "Display Interface Links" it comes back with no devices in the interface link table. Hopefully, I didn't mess this up.

How do I actually get the Insteon devices in the HomeSeer devices list to control?

I somewhat figured it out, bytes 3-5 from the Data column is what i need to use to create devices. However, there is no Description of the device, so there is no way to know which device I'm adding. I'd need to go find that device somehow in the house to name it correctly. Did I do something wrong because no Description was pulled from Insteon? Example:
    Link # Data Description
    0001 EA 01 88 88 88 01 2D 39
    0002 E2 00 51 7C A5 01 20 45
    Wouldn't it be better to just Tap Add Devices, since I could name them as I walk around the house?

Comment

there is no description until you add the device to the plugin

the tap add is a good alternative. make sure to follow the instructions and run the program device for homeseer for each device after its added.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I was unable to add insteon devices using the insteon address. I used tap to add to get them added but they appear to all have different address now

Comment

cvrider are you making progress adding devices?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, thanks for checking in. I've added about half my devices now. I need to find some time to do the other half. I'm just using Tap Add for each device and labeling it as I go. All works well with the App (although it's hair slow). Once I get all my devices configured, I'll work on the scenes/groups and timers.

Comment

thanks for reporting back.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark. I'm newbie with Homeseer but i'm happy to work with. You do a great job.
                I link my Insteon and config my switchs and now i'm looking a way to dim my event lights at 25. 20 is too low and lights flash sometimes and we find 30 too bright. You have a solution ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Hi Mark. I'm newbie with Homeseer but i'm happy to work with. You do a great job.
                  I link my Insteon and config my switchs and now i'm looking a way to dim my event lights at 25. 20 is too low and lights flash sometimes and we find 30 too bright. You have a solution ? Thanks
                  please post a pic of your event action.

note: in the future, please start a new topic instead of adding to an existing topic on a different subject. i will approve the post once i see it.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry, i dont see how starting a new topic.

Comment

Peanut - new topics here: Click image for larger version

Name:	new topic.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1546230

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Sorry, i dont see how starting a new topic.
                        please use the control a device action. this will allow you to set an on-level between 0 and 100

the action you found has limitations by design
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X