This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon hub doesn't allow login...solved

Using the how-to instructions, I attempted to login to my Insteon hub from a browser. I reset the hub before trying so I could use the username and password on the bottom of the hub. I got the local IP address form the Advanced IP Scanner. When the browser connected to the hub, I got the login screen. But the username and password did not allow me to log on. Has the hub gone bad?

It is unlikely the hub has gone bad -- much more likely is you have a problem with the username and/or password -- the font used on the hub makes it hard to differentiate between Ls and Is and Os and zeros (not to mention lowercase is for those of us with old eyes). I had two of those characters in the username and one in the password -- took a lot of tries to find the right combination. Someone suggested scanning the QR code to get them -- that helped me. Good Luck!

Comment

yes, please try a qcode app on your phone to read the info. it will be extremely helpful.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I used the QR code to get the login and password. There was one ambiguous letter in the password. A lower case L that might have been a 1. I tried both the l and the 1. Neither worked.

On the login screen, I enter the username and password, I press enter, and the hub clears the username and password fields and asks for login info again.

I wondered if it was possible that the username and password did not get set to the factory settings when I reset the hub, so I tried my old login info and that didn't work either.

Also, thanks to both of you for assisting me with my dilemma.

Comment

oops... The lower case L that I thought might be the number 1 was actually a capitol i. I've logged on successfully.

Comment

Nice job
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have not reset my Insteon hub and tried to communicate through my web browser but I get an error saying the page can't be loaded. Do i need to reset the hub and use the info on the bottom to be able to communicate with it? I have not reset as I read that you should not reset.

Comment

power cycle the insteon hub and retry first
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Do I need to use the ":25105" after the IP address?

Comment

Originally posted by jengen View Post
                    Do I need to use the ":25105" after the IP address?
                    Yes

see the getting started thread for details

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...insteon-plugin
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I must have reset it because I could not get in using my login. I used the. login info on the bottom of the hub. This is what I got after loggin in. Not sure what to do next:

Comment

Also, I have not downloaded the plugin to the Homeseer hub as the directions stated to wait until successful sign to the insteon hub.

Comment

ok, you have confirmed you can log into the hub with the username pswd. that's good

you can now install/add the plugin from the plugins/add page

then continue with the setup procedure

you may need to power cycle the insteon hub if the plugin wont connect initially

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I tried logging into the Homeseer hub via remote desktop to load the plugin but it would not work with the new login credentials I had set up. I tried using the credentials on the bottom of the hub but that didn't work either. Is there a way to reset the login or am doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jengen View Post
                              I tried logging into the Homeseer hub via remote desktop to load the plugin but it would not work with the new login credentials I had set up. I tried using the credentials on the bottom of the hub but that didn't work either. Is there a way to reset the login or am doing something wrong?
                              are you trying to log into the hometroller+ via remote desktop?

or are you trying to log into the insteon hub?

for the insteon hub: the username and password (on the botom), an upper case eye can look like a lower case L. an Oh looks like a zero. Try different letters until you get it right.

or use a qcode reader app on your phone to help identify the correct letters.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X