Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access Insteon devices after installing the Insteon plugin

Hello,
    I was able to successfully install Smart Hoem software and Insteon plugin. But after I still can access my devices and scenes from Insteon Hub. Please, see attached pictures.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-16_12h24_38.png Views:	6 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	1545739Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-16_12h28_27.png Views:	6 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	1545738
    Attached Files

Hey Steven

you will need to register your insteon devices using the Add Device button. the plugin does not read existing data in the hub

you can get a list if ids from the plugin interface/display links page.

PS I don't want to give any shine to smarthome. ie there is no Smart Home software here only my plugin, the MNS Insteon plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you Mark! Does it mean that I have to register each Insteon device and re-create all scenes? If that is the case how import/re-register all devices using an info from interface links?

Regards,
      Steven

Comment

Also, I have another question. After registering all devices one by one, how I will be able determine a location of each device only knowing link# and "data description" info?

Thank you,

Steven

Comment

You can either tap add each device. Or use add device. And then control the device to find out/determine location

reatsrt hs4 if you have trouble controlling the first device you add

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

After adding devices using the plugin, would I lose all scenes already created in Insteon hub?

Comment

the plugin does not read or use anything written to the insteon hub by the insteon app.

you will need to recreate scenes as groups

you will also need to rebuild schedules as hs events

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

After recreating all scenes and schedules, do I still need to have Insteon hub to be connected to a network or I can unplug it?

Comment

Originally posted by sborovsky View Post
                    After recreating all scenes and schedules, do I still need to have Insteon hub to be connected to a network or I can unplug it?
                    you still need the insteon hub in the equation. the plugin uses the insteon hub to send and receive insteon messages.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X