Upgrading from HS3 native Insteon to HS4 MNS Insteon Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from HS3 native Insteon to HS4 MNS Insteon Plugin

Bit of an odd problem here, or rather a lack of problem. When I initially started the transition from HS3 on one machine to HS4 on another, I was anticipating having to re-enter all of my Insteon devices in HS4 using the MNS Insteon plugin. In a reminder from Mark in reference to earlier problems I had with the installation of the MNS Insteon plugin not recognizing my USB PLM, Mark said:
    "neither of my Insteon plugins (v3 or v4) are compatible with the HS Insteon plugin. ie there is no import or migration from one to the other
    So you will need to register all your insteon devices in the MNS insteon plugin on hs4"

Funny thing is, after getting the MNS Insteon plugin working in HS4 and importing my backup of HS3, everything seems to work! This morning I was preparing to reenter all of my Insteon devices, when I noticed that all of them seemed to work. I could poll all 65 of them and display their status, I could command them off, on and dim, and they all responded correctly. I could locally control them and their state correctly displayed in HS4. All of the device addresses in HS4 correctly matched the Excel record of addresses I've been keeping of all my Insteon devices. I ought to be very happy, but I'm feeling I must be missing something that will bite me if I don't fix it now. Can anyone either assure me or warn me of what I don't see?

Steve

the msn insteon plugin for hs4 will upgrade/migrate any insteon data you created with my insteon hs3 plugin

you should be fine
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Wow, that's great! I didn't realize that I had your plugin on my HS3 installation. I seem to remember that I didn't pay for the Insteon plugin under HS3 as it was included in the Homeseer S6 system I purchased. I do remember that I had to install the plugin, just don't remember paying for it, so I assumed it was native to HS3. Thanks for the fine service and great software, which I registered last night.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaSteve View Post
        Wow, that's great! I didn't realize that I had your plugin on my HS3 installation. I seem to remember that I didn't pay for the Insteon plugin under HS3 as it was included in the Homeseer S6 system I purchased. I do remember that I had to install the plugin, just don't remember paying for it, so I assumed it was native to HS3. Thanks for the fine service and great software, which I registered last night.
        I appreciate your support too
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X