Insteon Devices Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Devices Not Working

I bought the hub and and MNS insteon plugin a few weeks ago. I installed all the devices and everything was working fine. Last night, I noticed one of the events did not run. I logged in and all of my insteon devices were either "unknown" or the status was incorrect (on when it was off, or off when it was on). I'm not sure what to do. When I log into the homeseer account, it says the MNS Insteon plugin is "okay." Thanks in advance.

please check the hs log (tools/log) for errors

please restart the plugin and check to make sure the plugin found the hub. the plugin status isn't a good indication that everything is ok. it just means the plugin is running. i may change that.

post the hs log if there errors

To post an HS log if you have issues or get errors (Do not copy and post the log, its unreadable)
    - Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Have you shut down the plug-in, shut down HS4, rebooted and started each back up again? Recycling systems can help - except for the CIO at a very large insurance company I supported who hit the power button on their IBM Mainframe back in the day.... disk crashes were a real thing

Comment

Attached is the log. I tried to make sure the software was up to date. I have not shut down the HS3 but have rebooted them.
        Attached Files

Comment

from your log

Could not contact Interface on 192.168.1.72:25105
          please verify the hub ip address in your home router. you probably need to make an ip reservation for the hub
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That is correct. I ended up unplugging the inteon hub and restarting the homeseer hub and it is now working. I'm not sure why this happened though.

Comment

Please download and post the hs log per the instructions if this happens again
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X