This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Events not working...solved

I installed the Hometroller PI + MNS Insteon plugin. I can control switches (outside lights) manually and have set up several Groups and Events, but nothing happens. Is there something 'special' I need to do to get Events working with my Insteon hub? Will restarting and resetting everything help?

Can you post a pic of the event definition
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sure:

Doesn't want to let me paste a picture, but text:

Group Conditions: IF - The time is 15 min before sunset.

THEN:
      Set Devices:
      Plugin Driveway Switch 1 to On
      Plugin Front Columns Switch 2 to On
      Plugin Front Ceiling Switch 3 to On
      Plugin Backyard Switch 4 to On
      Plugin Back Porch Switch 5 to On

Action: Control a Device

After Waiting 0 0 0 0

Comment

instead of controller individual devices, create a plugin group and then control the group, you will get a more consistent response
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Grunert View Post
          Sure:

Group Conditions: IF - The time is 15 min before sunset.

THEN:
          Set Devices:
          Plugin Driveway Switch 1 to On
          Plugin Front Columns Switch 2 to On
          Plugin Front Ceiling Switch 3 to On
          Plugin Backyard Switch 4 to On
          Plugin Back Porch Switch 5 to On

Action: Control a Device

After Waiting 0 0 0 0
          Group conditions will apply to every event in the group. That's a "Group" of events, not to be confused with a "Group" of Insteon Devices. Instead you should put your sunset condition directly in the "Trigger" field. Example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-18 224637.png
Views:	196
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1546421

Comment

for future posts: you must create a jpg or png pic file and then upload it
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok - thanks. I'll try that tonight and let you know.

Comment

Connected remotely to try and set this up. I don't see the same menu/options that you have. For example "Set Device" isn't there, etc.:

Name:	Group 4.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1546501

Comment

you just need to select the device from the Add device dropdown, then click the save button to the right.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Did that. Tried to turn just one light on at 3 pm - didn't work. Troubleshooting ideas? Reset/restart everything??

Comment

you should be able to run the event manually by clicking the person icon (top right in my pic) to verify the action works

for more help with events see this forum

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...4-event-clinic

Name:	basic event.png
Views:	183
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1546591
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm going to remove, reinstall, reset, and restart everything - let's see how it goes.

Comment

I'm going to remove, reinstall, reset, and restart everything - let's see how it goes.
                          if everything else is working, i would just delete the event and start clean
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Decided to get a fresh start - restarted HomeTroller Pi, deleted events, and created a new 'test' event - to turn an Insteon light switch on - didn't work. Hard to understand - I can turn switched on/off via the webpage and app, but the events don't seen to work. Am I missing something to 'activate' them and get events to run?

Comment

There is nothing required to get events to run -- paste a screen shot of your event -- when you say it "didn't work", you clicked the running-man icon to run the event immediately?

Comment

Working...
                              X