Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did that. Clicking the walking man on the Event list - lights did not come on. I went back to the Devices list, clicked 'On' and the lights came on. For some reason, the Event isn't getting to the light switch.

Event test.docx

Comment

well that looks simple enough;

1. have you tried any other devices in the event action?
      2. can you post pic of the device's status/graphics page? it will look something like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dimmer Status-Graphics.png
Views:	108
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1549500
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Started over. I went to Devices and installed Insteon devices - for me all light switches. I can turn each on and off on this screen and on the IOS app.

I went to Events and set up one event for one switch: Added a Event Test Group, went to Group Conditions and added IF The time is 3:00 pm, saved and went to Group Actions. Selected "Control a device" and then Device "Plugin - Front Columns" - Control "Off". After waiting - all zeros. Saved.

Back to Events - Groups - Running man to run now and .... nothing, light's still on.

Either there's a setup option or step I'm missing, I don't understand what to do, or HS4-Insteon plugin won't allow scheduled control.

Browsing around, I found that there's a Plugins - Manage - MNS Insteon - More brings up a menu of Devices, Groups, Interface, and Settings. Do I need to do anything here to ge up and running.

I can post a list of the screenshots, but that may be redundant.

Comment

Device status/Graphics
          Attached Files

Comment

1. what happens if you manually trigger the event - you can manually start it and see all the devices are doing what you want them to do

2. if above works, then there's a problem with the trigger. Check the timezone / time in the tools about etc. for some reason my clock was off. I had to use this fix: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...troller-zee-s2

Comment

Originally posted by Grunert View Post
              Started over. I went to Devices and installed Insteon devices - for me all light switches. I can turn each on and off on this screen and on the IOS app.

I went to Events and set up one event for one switch: Added a Event Test Group, went to Group Conditions and added IF The time is 3:00 pm, saved and went to Group Actions. Selected "Control a device" and then Device "Plugin - Front Columns" - Control "Off". After waiting - all zeros. Saved.

Back to Events - Groups - Running man to run now and .... nothing, light's still on.

Either there's a setup option or step I'm missing, I don't understand what to do, or HS4-Insteon plugin won't allow scheduled control.

Browsing around, I found that there's a Plugins - Manage - MNS Insteon - More brings up a menu of Devices, Groups, Interface, and Settings. Do I need to do anything here to ge up and running.

I can post a list of the screenshots, but that may be redundant.
              the plugin has nothing to do with Events running, Events are managed and controlled by HS4.

have you restarted HS4?

do you see anything in the hs4 when you run the event manually? any errors?

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I've restarted and updated HS4 several times - can always do it again.

I turned lights off this morning manually - didn't see any errors in the log:

Name:	HS4 Log.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1549590

I can control switches manually, but not from events. Trying to start small - turn one light on and off. I added Group Test and think I set it up correctly:

Name:	Event Test Groups.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	1549591

Name:	Event test Group Conditions.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1549592

Name:	Event Test Group Actions.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1549593
                i saved each step. Didn't happen automatically. Didn't happen when clicking on the running man. Tried again manually - could turn switch on and off.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

based on the log pic, its like hs4 isnt calling the plugin. lets try the following to see if the plugin is taking any action
                  1. Enable detailed logging on the plugin Settings page
                  2. Retest the event (start it manually via the icon)
                  3. Post the HS Log that shows the problem: Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Grunert - It looks like you’re using/editing Group Conditions. Is that intentional?

Try creating the Event with standard conditions specific to that Event. Group conditions complicate things.

Comment

Success!!!

I updated HS4, unplugged the HomeTroller, powered back up, deleted all groups and events, created a new group and associated event - and - insert drum roll here - it worked.

I thank everyone for all their help.

Comment

glad you got it working. thanks for reporting back.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X