Insteon Hub goes unresponsive, plugin fills up log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub goes unresponsive, plugin fills up log

The plugin has been working fantastic since I set it up and got the kinks worked out. However, today suddenly things got weird. HS4 was allowing me to send commands but nothing was happening. Checked the log and apparently the hub was no longer responding. The plugin tried to recover gracefully and then decided to restart the plugin. On restart of the plugin it gets into a loop of not being started yet...and spews the same log entry several times per minute and fills up the log. The solution was to unplug the hub and plug it back in. The IP address never changed. Everything is working fine now. Wondering if it is a good idea to make the hub restart periodically to avoid this?

Attached Files

please use the following to post the log

To post an HS log if you have issues or get errors (Do not copy and post the log, its unreadable)
    - Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post

can you also post the hs tools/about info. so can see your setup
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sorry about that. I have just learned to narrow the scope of the log and export it.. Here you go. Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

can you also post the hs tools/about info

also, do back from the hs tools/backup menu

and install the latest beta from the plugins/add page

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-plugins/lighting-primary-technology-plug-ins-aa/mns-insteon-mnsandler/1544051-mns-insteon-beta-4-0-3-9
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X