Insteon IP address doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon IP address doesn't work

We cannot get the hub IP address to work in the address bar with the :25105 at the end - it just gets us to 'site can't be reached' so we can't move to the next step. Please help! Our other set up at our other location when off without a hitch! We are definitely using the correct IP address and we are using the colon (

what ip address did you find for the hub?

if power cycling doesn't help, try the network reset on the hub; see below

if that doesn't work you will need to factory reset the unit; see last section

Reset Network Settings on Insteon Hub (2014) Square
    For Insteon Hub (2014), a network reset will perform these actions:
    1. Clears the Hub and server connection cache
    2. Resets the Hub user name and password to match the label on the bottom of the Hub
    3. Restarts the Hub
    1. With the Insteon Hub powered on, quickly tap the set button three (3x) times
    2. Insteon Hub will beep three times
    3. After several moments, Insteon Hub will restart and the status LED will turn steady green.
    4. Unplug Insteon Hub and wait for about 30 seconds
    5. Reconnect power to the Insteon Hub

last resort

To Factory Reset the Insteon Hub (2014)
    This will erase any Schedules and clear the hub link database, but will not delete any plugin data. the last step will reprogram the insteon hub link database
    1. Stop the plugin from the Plugins/manage page
    2. Disconnect Insteon Hub from power
    3. Press and hold the set button while reconnecting power. Insteon Hub will emit a long beep.
    4. When the long beep ends, release the set button. Insteon Hub will double-beep and after 30 seconds, Insteon Hub will beep again.
    5. Power cycle Insteon Hub by disconnecting and then reconnecting it to power.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

2. Resets the Hub user name and password to match the label on the bottom of the Hub
      3. Restarts the Hub
      3. After several moments, Insteon Hub will restart and the status LED will turn steady green.

last resort

This will erase any Schedules and clear the hub link database, but will not delete any plugin data. the last step will reprogram the insteon hub link database
      3. Press and hold the set button while reconnecting power. Insteon Hub will emit a long beep.
      4. When the long beep ends, release the set button. Insteon Hub will double-beep and after 30 seconds, Insteon Hub will beep again.
      our router shows the insteon hub with the IP address of 192.168.1.113
      We will try the reset later on today to see if we can get it working!

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

3. Restarts the Hub

last resort

hi Mark,
        we tried all of the above and we are still in the same boat.
        When we try to input the IP address followed by a colon and 25105 into our browser, we get "site cannot be reached".
        On the homeseer web control under plugins/mnsinsteon/settings, when we put in the IP address and the user name and pw of the insteon hub, we get the message "warning: cannot contact the insteon interface on 192.168.1.113:25105. Please check the settings page.

Comment

I have a feeling you dont have the correct ip address. can you reverify the insteon id on the button of the hub and the associated mac address in your router

have you tried the ip scanner
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...an-insteon-hub
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

well it's been a few weeks since we have been on here. We managed to get our dead insteon working with Homeseer at our place in the states and it is finally up and running! however, we are still struggling with our one at home. We have done the network reset on the insteon hub, the factory reset, etc had have rechecked the IP address through our carrier portal (it sees the address as 192.168.1.101 and has the correct mac address listed from the insteon hub)....however when we try to go to the website, it says 'site cannot be reached'. Not sure how to get this going from here.....we didn't have this issue at our place in the states. Once we found the correct IP address, we were off to the races! thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixpix View Post
              well it's been a few weeks since we have been on here. We managed to get our dead insteon working with Homeseer at our place in the states and it is finally up and running! however, we are still struggling with our one at home. We have done the network reset on the insteon hub, the factory reset, etc had have rechecked the IP address through our carrier portal (it sees the address as 192.168.1.101 and has the correct mac address listed from the insteon hub)....however when we try to go to the website, it says 'site cannot be reached'. Not sure how to get this going from here.....we didn't have this issue at our place in the states. Once we found the correct IP address, we were off to the races! thanks.
              So accessing the insteon hub via a browser with the address http://192.168.1.101:25105 doesn't work

can you post a pic of
              1. the browser and address you are using, with the message
              2. the carrier portal scrren that shows the mapping between the mac and ip address 192.168.1.101
              3. a pic of the insteon id on the button

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here they are and we are using Chrome for our browser.

Comment

Sorry here are the pics

Comment

thanks for posting.

is the insteon hub is connected to the same network switch/hub/router as the computer you are running Chrome on?
                    same question for platform that is running HS4?

your windows pc should have an IP address like 92.168.1.x and the hs4 server as well

maybe something in the router is blocking the traffic

if you open a command.exe window, can you ping 192.168.1.101 from your pc?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i just looked up how to do that and tried to ping and it says request timed out; packets sent 4, received 0, lost 4. Not techie so not sure how to resolve this. We didn't have this issue at our other place and we are using the same laptop. Everything is running on the same network and router.

Comment

Suggest logging into your router and seeing what the list of connected devices is and look for a device with the MAC address that was printed on the bottom of your hub - ...:1E:C0. The ID and password might be on a sticker on the base of the router if it is comcast or verizon kind of router....and I assume you have plugged the hub directly into one of the ports on your router?

Comment

ok we figured out that my wife's laptop had VPN on for work. She disconnected it and then tried again and voila! The address bar worked, the ping worked and all was well. She then tried to log into myHS to input the same ID into the MNS interface and it kept coming back with "cannot connect to insteon". I logged into myHS on my ipad instead, tried it once with no luck, tried it a second time and we are connected! This whole thing sure requires patience, perseverance and wine!

Comment

Originally posted by Rixpix View Post
                            ok we figured out that my wife's laptop had VPN on for work. She disconnected it and then tried again and voila! The address bar worked, the ping worked and all was well. She then tried to log into myHS to input the same ID into the MNS interface and it kept coming back with "cannot connect to insteon". I logged into myHS on my ipad instead, tried it once with no luck, tried it a second time and we are connected! This whole thing sure requires patience, perseverance and wine!
                            glad you figured it out. I will add the 'vpn on' check to my diagnostics for others.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X