Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the previous links from my 8 button keypad still work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the previous links from my 8 button keypad still work?

I have added all my insteon devices using the plug in. I can control the individual devices using HS4. Previously, the buttons on my 8 keypad would also control some of those devices, but when I switch on the button (using HS4) the LED behind that button on the keypad lights up, but the device it controls does not switch on.

theoretically all the links should still work. there seems to be a discrepancy between how the links are interpreted for display purposes (between the old app and my plugin)

you might delete one link and recreate it via the plugin and see if it works.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark. I deleted and recreated the link, but it acts the same. Looks like the links are not running. Is there anything I need to do to tell the links to actually run?

Comment

make sure the "sync linked responder" option is turned on from the hs devices page for the keypad

Click image for larger version

Name:	mns insteon tab.png
Views:	92
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1546638
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark. You solved it again for me! For some reason this was defaulted as OFF on all devices.

I want to commend you on the great job you did with the PlugIn and also thank you for the very difficult task of responding to all of these user questions in a very timely manner!

Comment

glad you got it working

thanks for the testimonial.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X