No announcement yet.

My HS 4 plugin will not accept my devices after I retrieved the list of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My HS 4 plugin will not accept my devices after I retrieved the list of devices

My Insteon Hub is confirmed and recognized by HS4 and I got 70 devices on a list, but none of them would insert into the plugin device section. Also, the downloaded list gave 12 digits while the device download list only allowed for 6 digits. I actually should have only 20 devices on the hub.

the legend at the bottom of the link table identifies which 6 digits represent an insteon id. you only need to Add the device once. but the insteon hub will have multiple links per device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	link data legend.png
Views:	114
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1546972
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

After I put the devices into the HS4, I cannot determine which device it is since I see no dashboard to run the device and thus label it.

Comment

from the hs devices page, control each device one by one to determine its physical location and the update the device
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I appreciate your quick response. All but 2 of my devices are wall dimmers and I see nowhere on the HS device page to control the on/off function of any on them so I can determine which is which. Where is the control page on the device area of the HS so I can then update locations?

Comment

can you please elaborate on the type of devices

the control page is the HS Devices page. all insteon devices will show there with controls and status
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

screen shot of some switches..I have 2 lamp switches and all the rest are as the enclosed....When I hit the Device 1 Locations Device 1 Name, it does not let me turn on or off that device.
              Device 1 Location Device 1 Name 4A.0C.39 Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 45 1 i2CS 96% (19 failed out of 455 cmds) 453 0 0 Excellent
              Device 10 Location Device 10 Name 48.B7.6C Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 45 0 i2CS (Not enough data) 0 0 0 No Data

Comment

so if you go to the hs devices page, you should see these devices listed with on/off and a dimmer. something like this in list view vs grid view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dimmer.png
Views:	76
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1547188
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So I located my library light switch code being looking at the Insteon label on the switch since and put it in. It has at least 3 link data and it shows as per enclosed. But the on-off and dimmer switches do not respond and I have added the info under the Plug in add device a couple of times...I tried the same thing with a lamp switch with no results....

Plugin | Insteon
                  - Root

Plugin | Insteon
                  - Root

Plugin | Insteon
                  - Root
                  Plugin | Library
                  Library Lights

Library lights
                  Unknown
                  ONOFF

Today 6:36:51 PM

Plugin | Insteon
                  - Root
                  Plugin | Global Insteon
                  Insteon Devices

Group Controller
                  Start Ramp Brighten

Comment

I have also reentered the Plug In

Comment

once you Add a device on the plugin Devices page, you can edit, the name, location info on the HS Devices page.

do not try to add it again via the plugin.

please post a pic of your devices from the hs devices page
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X