This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Door Sensors not executing events...solved

I was running HS4 with the Insteon plugin and had configured lights, leak sensors and door sensors. I had events to notify me via email to txt message whenever a door was opened. All events werefiring fine until recently when the door sensor events stopped working. I upgraded HS4 and the Insteon Plugin hoping to resolve the issue to no avail. I even deleted and added one door sensor. No luck. Any suggestions on how to get the events running again. I made no changes prior to the door sensor events stopping.

can you post the hs tools/about page info.

have you confirmed that the plugin is still connecting to the hub? check the hs log after the plugin startup
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark, the plugin is still connected to the hub since it is controlling other Insteon devices (multiple lights) and running different events against them.

Here is the about info page:

Date/time=5/22/2022 8:23:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time
      Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.12.0 (Windows)
      License=Registered
      License ID=702356
      MyHS Subscription=Basic
      MyHS Subscription Backup Interval=No Backup
      MyHS Subscription Max Cameras=1
      Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
      In Virtual Machine=No MFG: acer
      Antivirus=Windows Defender
      OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      OS Version=10.0.19044
      Uptime=4 Days 1 Hour 43 Minutes 50 Seconds
      User/Access=hoonskin (Admin)
      Lan IP=192.168.2.60 (admin-ultrabook)
      WAN IP=216.209.55.61 ()
      Device Count=93
      Event Count=12
      Last Event Ran=Test : New Event, Ran at 5/22/2022 10:05:17 AM
      # of unique event scripts=0
      Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 at 1.58 GHz
      Modules/Threads=148 Modules, 50 Threads
      Available Threads=1023
      System Load=225 Processes, 1% Load
      Free/Total Memory=780.15 MBytes / 3.85 GBytes (20% free)
      Free/Total Virtual Memory=3.93 GBytes / 9.60 GBytes (41% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used=54 Mbytes
      Plugin Memory Used=4 EXE Plug-Ins using 96 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=Ecobee 4.0.15.0,HS MyQ 4.0.9.0,MNS Insteon 4.0.3.0,Tuya 4.0.35.0

Comment

are you seeing 'received' message from the door sensor in the hs log?

if not, can you run the interface/display interface links and see if the sensor is still listed. post those messages

also, what are you using to trigger the event (post a pic)
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I hope this is what you are looking for. I looked through the log and didn’t see a recent ‘received’ message for any of the door sensors (they have been activated today).

Comment

Just realized the event pic was only partial. Here is the full event.

Comment

since you aren't seeing any received msgs from the sensors,

I would suggest running the plugin interface/reset interface. this will reprogram the hub link database
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I did the interface reset as suggested. No change. When I looked at the log file, after opening and closing the door there was no ‘received’ message for the door sensor. I did, however, notice an error message associated with the interface reset in the log file. I have attached the image of the log file and error message.

Comment

if you run interface/display interface links, what does that look like?. do you see the door sensors listed?

we need to see a Received message from the door sensor in the hs log before any events can be triggered

i have fixed that error in the latest beta.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

When I list the devices (MNSInsteon>Devices) I see the door sensors listed (device id and description). When I display the interface links I see the device ids for the door sensors (multiple times) but no device description (like with the other devices).

Comment

can you check the hs log for any errors after you display the interface links. not sure why the device names aren't listed

but either way, the hub should be receiving messages from the sensors

can you try this: put the sensor into linking mode, then put the hub into linking mode. you should hear them both beep, to indicate the link worked.

then test your sensor and see if the plugin logs a Received message

then display the interface links again check the links related to the at sensor
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I ran the display interface links again and the checked the log. There were no errors recorded

i should probably know how to put the hub into linking mode but I am not sure. I was able to get a solud green light on the hub but the hub had continual beeping. I put the door sensor into linking mode but nothing appeared to happen. I don’t think the hub was in linking mode. I did test the sensor after doing this and nothing in the logs and no event activation.

Comment

Ok. I figured out how to put the hub into linking mode. Got the flashing green light on hub, put sensor into linking mode, got a rapid double beep on hub then red light came back on hub and sensor left linking mode. Ran display interface links again, door sensor was there by id only, no description. Tested sensor - no log entry, no event activation. Puzzled

Comment

reverse the linking process. start with the sensor as i suggested
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I did the linking in reverse as requested. After putting the device into linking mode, I put the hub into linking mode, the hub quickly detected the door sensor, the hub beeped/light went red and the door sensor went from flashing green to solid red for a second then went off.

Nothing in the logs after I tested the sensor.

I restarted the HS server. Here is an excerpt from the insteon log for the door sensor device

[Device 13]
                              DatabaseDelta=-1
                              DeviceID=45.DB.C6
                              DeviceLocation DeviceName=Front Door Sensor
                              DeviceType=1011
                              EEValues=HeartbeatInterval=0,LowBatteryLevel=64,OpFlags0=1
                              FailedInteractions=32
                              FirmwareVer=45 HopData=0,0,0,0
                              LastContact=5/17/2022 7:25:56 PM
                              LinksDownloaded=0
                              PollingInterval=0
                              Protocol=3
                              TotalInteractions=74

Comment

Working...
                              X