Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you put the sensor into linking mode and the run the "read links and settings" from the plugin Devices.

just need to make sure the sensor has the correct links
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I can’t seem to find this function. Can you direct me?

Comment

just an example of an insteon device page. see the device management section below for the button

Click image for larger version

Name:	editdevicepage.png
Views:	89
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1547578
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It does not appear to be reading the device any longer. I don’t know what happened on May 15th, the last time it saw this device.

Comment

please backup your system, install the latest beta.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-beta-4-0-3-10

put the sensor into linking mode, and run the program device for homeseer on the same plugin page as the read settings

then retest

if that doesn't work, delete the sensor from the plugin devices, add it again
            you will need to edit your event to reselect the sensor as the trigger device

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, I disabled the plug-in, and installed the beta. I put the device into linking mode and ran the read settings. No luck. So I deleted the device, added it back manually and ran the read settings. Success - “The link table and device settings were successfully retrieved for your device.”

I edited the event for the new device name I gave it when I readded it manually. I tried to trigger the event by depressing the sensor button (door closed) and releasing it (door open). The event was not triggered and there was no “received” entry in the log file for the action.

I ran an Interface Link report and this door sensor still shows up by device id but no name attached to it.

where to next?

Comment

Check your event to make sure it is triggering on the newly created device, and not still looking at the old deleted device.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoonskin View Post
                  Mark, I disabled the plug-in, and installed the beta. I put the device into linking mode and ran the read settings. No luck. So I deleted the device, added it back manually and ran the read settings. Success - “The link table and device settings were successfully retrieved for your device.”

I edited the event for the new device name I gave it when I readded it manually. I tried to trigger the event by depressing the sensor button (door closed) and releasing it (door open). The event was not triggered and there was no “received” entry in the log file for the action.

I ran an Interface Link report and this door sensor still shows up by device id but no name attached to it.

where to next?
                  are there any errors in the hs log when you start the plugin, or perform any plugin functions? if so post them

another user got them working, so we should be able to get yours working too
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here is a snippet from the log when I installed the beta and started it up. The device id is 45 DB C6. Insteon log snippet.pdf
                    Attached Files

Comment

there are a lot of errors in the log. these be resolved before things are going to work properly.

please click the Fix button on the plugin Devices page. then restart the plugin and post the hs log after startup

To post an HS log if you have issues or get errors (Do not copy and post the log, its unreadable)

- Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Genius! The fix button fixed the issues. No errors on startup. Notifications working. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoonskin View Post
                          Genius! The fix button fixed the issues. No errors on startup. Notifications working. THANK YOU!
                          Amazing!
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X