X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoonskin View Post
    Genius! The fix button fixed the issues. No errors on startup. Notifications working. THANK YOU!
    Amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Hoonskin
    replied
    Genius! The fix button fixed the issues. No errors on startup. Notifications working. THANK YOU!

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    there are a lot of errors in the log. these be resolved before things are going to work properly.

please click the Fix button on the plugin Devices page. then restart the plugin and post the hs log after startup

To post an HS log if you have issues or get errors (Do not copy and post the log, its unreadable)

- Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post

Leave a comment:

• Hoonskin
    replied
    Here is a snippet from the log when I installed the beta and started it up. The device id is 45 DB C6. Insteon log snippet.pdf
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoonskin View Post
    Mark, I disabled the plug-in, and installed the beta. I put the device into linking mode and ran the read settings. No luck. So I deleted the device, added it back manually and ran the read settings. Success - “The link table and device settings were successfully retrieved for your device.”

I edited the event for the new device name I gave it when I readded it manually. I tried to trigger the event by depressing the sensor button (door closed) and releasing it (door open). The event was not triggered and there was no “received” entry in the log file for the action.

I ran an Interface Link report and this door sensor still shows up by device id but no name attached to it.

where to next?
    are there any errors in the hs log when you start the plugin, or perform any plugin functions? if so post them

another user got them working, so we should be able to get yours working too

Leave a comment:

• Burrington
    replied
    Check your event to make sure it is triggering on the newly created device, and not still looking at the old deleted device.

Leave a comment:

• Hoonskin
    replied
    Mark, I disabled the plug-in, and installed the beta. I put the device into linking mode and ran the read settings. No luck. So I deleted the device, added it back manually and ran the read settings. Success - “The link table and device settings were successfully retrieved for your device.”

I edited the event for the new device name I gave it when I readded it manually. I tried to trigger the event by depressing the sensor button (door closed) and releasing it (door open). The event was not triggered and there was no “received” entry in the log file for the action.

I ran an Interface Link report and this door sensor still shows up by device id but no name attached to it.

where to next?

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    please backup your system, install the latest beta.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-beta-4-0-3-10

put the sensor into linking mode, and run the program device for homeseer on the same plugin page as the read settings

then retest

if that doesn't work, delete the sensor from the plugin devices, add it again
    you will need to edit your event to reselect the sensor as the trigger device

Leave a comment:

• Hoonskin
    replied
    It does not appear to be reading the device any longer. I don’t know what happened on May 15th, the last time it saw this device.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    just an example of an insteon device page. see the device management section below for the button

Click image for larger version

Name:	editdevicepage.png
Views:	33
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1547578

Leave a comment:

• Hoonskin
    replied
    I can’t seem to find this function. Can you direct me?

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    can you put the sensor into linking mode and the run the "read links and settings" from the plugin Devices.

just need to make sure the sensor has the correct links

Leave a comment:

• Hoonskin
    replied
    I did the linking in reverse as requested. After putting the device into linking mode, I put the hub into linking mode, the hub quickly detected the door sensor, the hub beeped/light went red and the door sensor went from flashing green to solid red for a second then went off.

Nothing in the logs after I tested the sensor.

I restarted the HS server. Here is an excerpt from the insteon log for the door sensor device

[Device 13]
    DatabaseDelta=-1
    DeviceID=45.DB.C6
    DeviceLocation DeviceName=Front Door Sensor
    DeviceType=1011
    EEValues=HeartbeatInterval=0,LowBatteryLevel=64,OpFlags0=1
    FailedInteractions=32
    FirmwareVer=45 HopData=0,0,0,0
    LastContact=5/17/2022 7:25:56 PM
    LinksDownloaded=0
    PollingInterval=0
    Protocol=3
    TotalInteractions=74

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    reverse the linking process. start with the sensor as i suggested

Leave a comment:

• Hoonskin
    replied
    Ok. I figured out how to put the hub into linking mode. Got the flashing green light on hub, put sensor into linking mode, got a rapid double beep on hub then red light came back on hub and sensor left linking mode. Ran display interface links again, door sensor was there by id only, no description. Tested sensor - no log entry, no event activation. Puzzled

Leave a comment:

Working...
X