Help With Initial Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Initial Install

OK 1st post hope someone can help me get this thing going. I'm an Insteon user and did various research and decided on the Homeseer Pi running HS4, unfortunately have NEVER been able to actually open and see the HS4 software screen. Placed a pre-order back in Feb. and got my new Pi May 2nd but have never been able to actually get to see an HS4 screen.

My 1st mistake was trying to open HS4 on Windows 10 after I downloaded it. It asked for the LicenseID and Password, which I had received from Homeseer with my order. Said the License/Pass was not correct and I was never able to get any further. Called customer service and they said that was the info for the 3rd party Insteon software. They did something on their end and asked me to try again and I was still not able to get in. They also said they could not stay with me on the phone as I tried to get it going. I obviously needed someone to be with me on the phone and stay with me as I walked through the process. I finally gave up.

I plugged in the Pi and watched it boot up to a green light. I use findhomeseer and see the Pi, I click on the Pi and it asks for LicenseID and Password, when I enter the ID & Password it will not accept it. So I'm confused about what is my user name, verses licenseID, etc., etc.

Back when doing research to find a solution to Insteon I found the HomeSeer Forum and eventually sign up. So I have a HomeSeer Forum User name & Password. Then I went to the HomeSeer web site, created a user name & password and ordered the Pi & software.

So it appears my credentials are screwed up. Called customer service again, left a message and a day later got a call back - so we started the same process with the same result. I kept saying wait a minute let me try this and he said three separate times, I can't stay on the line. Could never get it going. It seems the Pi is running fine, I just can't get to it.

I get that there must be a run on these things now and their customer service is inundated, but I am a paying customer?

Could someone clarify which user name is for login, or possibly a way to clear any prior credentials?

Rich,
    welcome to the mns insteon forum. thanks for starting a new topic. I am not hs support and have never used a Pi but here goes...

typically hs4 needs a license info which is separate from the mns insteon plugin license info. you would get those via email after you place the order. The license info is number and pswd. its not related to anything else

myhs needs a set of credentials that is mapped into the hs4 setup. These are not related to any forum credentials. the homesseer store credentials are separate as well.

have you tried this Pi guide:
    https://homeseer.com/guides/HomeSeer-HS4Pi-Guide.pdf

there is also a separate forum for help with the Pi
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-pi-discussion

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark, are you also the owner of the Insteon add-on?

Comment

Originally posted by AccuPro View Post
        Thanks Mark, are you also the owner of the Insteon add-on?
        yes, i am the owner/author of the MNS Insteon plugin
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well maybe you could help me in that I also purchased the add-on. I really would like to get this thing working, I'm hung up at the credentials?? I was never able to get into HS4, it always stopped at incorrect ID/Username/Password. I did receive one email from HS referencing HS4 orderID & password, but when I tried it, it did not work. I called HSCS and they told me that was the key for the add-on, not HS4 and told me some things to try, but I was never able to get in.

Interestingly I talked to CS and they sent me a procedure to basically disconnect my android phone from my home network, login to Homeseer via MYHS, which I CAN do - and then I would be able to get into HS4 on the Pi. But that didn't work, because trying to logging onto HS4, its asking for username & password again and will not accept what I think are the possible ones.

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but I can't figure it out.

HSCS will not stay on the line with me and help me walk through it.

Comment

Rich

i can't help with the plugin until you get your hometroller working, and get logged into HS4.

please continue to work with HSCS if the links i provided above dont help you

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK Mark, I got my HS4/Pi working, confirmed access to my Insteon Hub, downloaded your Insteon MSN software and am now stuck at the registration. I received an email from HomeSeer which says these are the keys for:

Thank you for your purchase (order #97278).
              Here are your HomeSeer software license codes:
              Product: Insteon (HS4)
              LicenseID: xxxx09

In one of my 1st
              attempts to access the HS4/Pi, CS at HomeSeer said these were the keys for the Insteon add-on, but that's not working, what would you recommend??

Comment

from the plugins/manage page, you should be able to click the Register button

and enter the licenseid and pswd you got

Click image for larger version

Name:	register.png
Views:	83
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1548156
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I got it Mark - have been setting up Insteon devices all morning. So just to be clear - I will need to download yet another Plugin in order to communicate with my Insteon thermostat?

Will my installation allow me to control two houses, realizing I would have to get a seperate installation of HS4 at both locations, in otherwords another Pi, dedicated puter, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by AccuPro View Post
                    I got it Mark - have been setting up Insteon devices all morning. So just to be clear - I will need to download yet another Plugin in order to communicate with my Insteon thermostat?

Will my installation allow me to control two houses, realizing I would have to get a separate installation of HS4 at both locations, in other words another Pi, dedicated puter, etc?
                    there is a second plugin for the insteon thermostat. see this forum. and look for version 3.0.8.0 on the plugins/add page. you must enable 'show beta'
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...at-nfrobertson

you will need a completely separate hs4, insteon plugin and insteon hub or PLM for a second home. the licensing and software doesn't support multiple locations.

the mobile app (with premium support) will allow you to access both locations (by switching back and forth)
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark!!

Comment

you will need my latest beta as well to work with the insteon tstat plugin

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-beta-4-0-3-10
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X