This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Installed -- Update Interface Produces Errors...solved

I had resolved trouble before and thought troubles were over when Plug In installed.

However, it does not work. W10 environment. Hub2 Insteon. HS4 on HT-PLUS-G2

Error log uploaded. Updating Interface does not produce results, just errors.

Note -- Prior posting showed problem solved. I spoke too soon. NOT solved. New problem. Please help.
    Attached Files

i do not see any devices registered based on the log you provided

do you see anything on the plugin Devices page

do you have a hs backup that you can restore

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi

I do not see any Devices on Plugin Page. Just the header.

I do not have any HS Backups. Waiting until I have something to Backup.

Next steps??

Comment

sounds like you need to Add your devices to the plugin from the Devices/Add Device page

see step 7 on here
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...insteon-plugin

then this section: To register devices:
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

All is well. Interface working. Turning on lights.

Is there a way to access the Insteon Hub table of Names & Addresses instead of entering all manually via the Plugin Device Add function? I have 58 devices. Also, same question for scenes -- I have 22.

Comment

Originally posted by bobasquith@yahoo.com View Post
            All is well. Interface working. Turning on lights.

Is there a way to access the Insteon Hub table of Names & Addresses instead of entering all manually via the Plugin Device Add function? I have 58 devices. Also, same question for scenes -- I have 22.
            i do not have code to read any setup from the insteon hub. all the plugin can do is read the link database which is just isnteon IDs.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Can I add devices to a group later? I created the group with 1 device. I need to add 8 more to the group.

Comment

Add your devices, and then create the Groups. you can add devices to a group at any point
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I tried a couple of ways. Last try PlugIns/Groups/Checked a group/Add/checked devices/Save Got this error msg:

A group with that Name and Location already exists.

Comment

can you post some pics of what you are doing?

editing a group and adding a device should be no problem
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

PlugIns/Groups/Checked a group/Add/checked devices/Save Got this error msg

See attachments
                      Attached Files

Comment

click the name of the existing group to edit it
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks. Works fine now. Not obvious, but now I got it.

Comment

thanks for reporting back.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X