HS4/Insteon stopped working...solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4/Insteon stopped working...solved

we had a power and internet outage yesterday AM and everything stopped working.

I did power cycle both the Insteon and HS4 hubs, the Insteon came back with a different IP address, so I updated that in the settings.

I also updated the version of HS4 to 4.2.12

HS4 shows devices on that are not and you cannot shut them off, other devices are off and cannot turn them on.

I am not sure what else to check or do ?
    Please advise
    Thank you.

Troubleshooting Insteon Issues

you need to get a ups for the hs4 hub/hometroller
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Have you checked the plug-in - I forgot to turn it back on after doing a backup and had similar sounding problems … took me a few minutes to realize it - perhaps cycle it?

Comment

Ah, that did it. I disabled and re-enabled the plug in.

I wish there was a way to tell if the Hometroller was on or restart it from the app.

Comment

You really need to set a DHCP ip reservation in your router so that it always assigns the same ip address to the Insteon hub. Check your router documentation for how to do that for your particular router. Sounds complicated but its not hard to do if you check your router docs. While you're doing so, save yourself some more headaches and set the Hometroller to a reserved ip address also.

Reason: When the plugin can't talk to the Insteon hub for whatever reason (such as the ip address changed), it eventually stops trying - presumably to avoid overflowing. So when you fix the ip address, the plugin is still not trying to communicate and that's why re-enabling it starts it working again. If you set your router to always assign the same ip address, all this will no longer happen.

Comment

please install the latest beta if you have issues with the plugin disconnecting from the insteon hub
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X